The Melody of Music

The song in question is Romance (The Gadfly). Feel free to listen as well. (But seriously listen to it I listened to it like a million times writing it and it really sets the mood)

I leaned forward, tucking the earbud in once more. I smirked as I felt him lean into my touch as my lithe fingers grazed his ear.

"Alright, now, try again." I insisted. He simply sighed. I had been trying to get him to listen to the music of songs. Not simply the songs, but the music. 

"Close your eyes. Lean into it." Magnus closed his eyes, eyebrows screwed up in concentration. He groaned, hitting his forehead with his palms. 

"I can't do it. It's like I'm watching a black and gray French film and eating croissants." I chuckled, brushing aside a stray green hair. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind. 

"Let's try it again. This time, follow my lead." I swung my arms around his shoulders, lacing my hands into his feathery, golden hair. He smiled and swung me into his lap. I pressed play on my phone, bringing my lips to his own. He smiled into the soft kiss as the music flowed around us. 

Our lips moved in sync to the music, not rough, or wanting, but gentle. Peaceful, soft, delicate. The rich timbres of the beautiful orchestral song settled around us, a gentle sunset painting the room a rich orange and gold. 

At some point, Magnus lied me down with him, our lips still dancing with the melody. We fit against each other perfectly, one hand tangled with his and one fingering with his soft hair. His delicate pink lips moved with mine, feeling like a million little fireworks. We lay like that for a while, kissing the evening away, the song floating lazily in the background. At last, the music came to an end, and Magnus simply sighed and pulled me closer to his chest.

"I think I like this song." He murmured, his head in the crook of my neck.