Chapter 3-The Counter... Really!?!?

Ava was sleeping (probably with a weapon) in her bed, Johnny somehow got in the box for the blankets, Pierce was sleeping while sitting in a chair, Leif looked like he was meditating, Noi slept on the floor (and also talked in his sleep, my god what even-How do you suck someone's organs out of them!?), and Asch. HE TOOK MY COUCH! HE MADE ME SLEEP ON THE COUNTER! I had been restless the whole night, and even fell off once, the only person who came to check on me was Rhys. Out of all of them, he and Noi seem to be the nicest. So far.

"Are you okay human?" He asked in a low whisper as I sat up and rubbed my head.

"Yeah," I answered back softly, "I just fell." I stand up and jump back onto the counter. "I can't believe Asch stole my bed."

"Y-You, used his name?" Rhys asked a bit shocked. I ignored him and laid back down on the counter. Rhys was starting to walk away before, I said something I didn't mean to.

"Is Damos dark, with a million stars in the sky?" I asked while staring at the ceiling.

"Pardon?" He stopped and turned towards me.

"S-Sorry, just, thinking out loud," I told him. He gave me a questioning look as the embarrassment flushed onto my face. "S-Sorry... I just... I remember, being told stories about Damos, a long time ago. They were like Demons, but, no tails, normal skin, and could speak better than any other Demon known. In those stories, it always made me curious about how dark it was. I've always wondered what Damos sky and wildlife look like in pitch black. It's about a foreign a sight to me as humans and Earth are to you guys. Ya know?" I cast Rhys one glance, and saw the faintest smile cross his lips. I smiled back softly and turned on my side, shaking a bit from the cold. With the couch, Asch also stole my blanket.

"I know exactly what you mean Sorcerer Trick-Tristian," He said and I felt his steps fade off behind me, "Please, I'll apologize for Asch's behavior, but try to get some rest. You and Avan seemed more tired than anyone else today." At his words, I closed my eyes, and for the first time in this forever lasting night, I felt myself be able to sleep. Then, I felt warm.

I got up and sat on the counter, looking at each of the Damos boys, seeing what I could figure out. Pierce caught me by surprise, for someone who seems so calm and composed, he kept his weapon out, and his body was tense, even though he was asleep. "I wonder, what happened to him..." I have no room to judge anyone, as I'm like that constantly, but even then, I haven't slept with a weapon by my side since I was 10. Whatever happened to him, was really bad. As I'm scanning over everyone, I see Asch sit up with an annoyed look on his face, carefully he walked over to the window, giving me one glance, then paying me no mind. He scoffed at the busy city streets and sidewalks outside the window, then turned and headed over to Noi, taking one of his daggers off him.

"I wouldn't go in there," I told him as he walked over to Ava's room, "She was serious last night."

"I don't care, Human," He said to me. I jumped down and ran over, blocking the door. "Move."

"Kill me, not Ava!" I shouted in a slight whisper and shut my eyes tight.

"W-What?" He stepped back and looked at me as if I were insane, "You're going to, protect her?"

"Yes," I said calmly, keeping my stance in front of her door, "I care about Ava more than anyone else in my life. I can't lose her. I can't lose anyone else without losing everyone. So, if you're going to kill anyone. Kill me. Not her."

"I-Humans are weak," He scoffs.

"Don't you think it's strange how humans are so protective of the people around them?" Leif asked.

"Yes," Pierce responded.

"I'm protective, for different reasons," I told them.

"Yeah, but still, even then-we've all been acting docile since we arrived here," Leif pointed out as I moved out of the doorway. Asch walked right in, and my face went grim. "Especially, Asch."