Chapter 7-Nightmares

Everything was cold. It was all cold, everything. It was that day. That day...

"Tristian!" I heard a kind voice call, "Come here, please! It's time!" That voice... that voice... I saw... me. I was so much younger, innocents radiating off me in every way, shape, or form. I was small, my auburn hair, curly and bouncing as I ran to the door. My pale skin smiling with my emerald eyes.

"Coming Mom!" The younger me said. That voice, that voice... M-Mom...

"MOM!" I screamed and ran through my younger self, bolting down the stairs. There was nothing but darkness. Nothing until the younger me came down the stairs and screamed. She screamed and ran out the door. "NO! DON'T GO THERE!" I dropped to the ground and pounded my fist down, crying heavily.

"It's okay," I heard another voice say, and I froze. Tears still streaming from my eyes as I felt their hand rest along my shoulder. "It'll all be over soon my Pheonix... In this world..." They landed their hand along my shoulder, tighter, leaning in closer to whisper in my ear. "Or in the next." Then, their blade struck me through the back and I let out a single scream.

"AHH!!!" I screamed and sat up, tears scorching my eyes. I wasn't on the couch anymore, I was in a bed. Inside the Damos boy's house. I felt my body trembling as I sucked in a breath and continued to cry.

"Hey, hey, hey," I heard a voice say as I was taken into someone's arms, "It's okay." I looked up, even though I truly didn't need to. The white hair passing my eyes told me who it was. "I brought you in here... you needed some rest."

"I-I-He killed me... he killed me..." I cried into Leif as he held me tighter.

"No one killed you," He said. I could hear in his voice he wanted to say more but knew better than to. "You're right here. Everything's okay..."

"H-He's gonna kill me..." I cried softly. Slowly, somehow he got my tears to subside, and my breathing to relax as he sat beside me. His hands slowly fell from around me, but I didn't move. I couldn't find it in me to move.

"I won't let anyone," Leif said and nodded. He pulled me back and had me look at him, I saw that psychopathic smirk on his face and I cracked a small smile. "Besides, that's my job." He pulled out one of his daggers and poked me on the nose with it. I couldn't help but chuckle. "You and Ava act a lot alike. She was worried about these other people earlier, and now you with whoever this guy is? What is it that gets humans so scared?"

"I'm not scared..." I told him, "I've faced death, looked it in the eyes, and called it something once." I stood. "But not anymore. I was once scared, but not anymore." I nodded as he stood, and without another word, he walked me outside and back to my couch. I laid down, and instead of him leaving. He sat at the end of it and fell asleep himself. I smiled lightly, and somehow, found that I was able to rest easier that way.

"Be kind my Angel," My Mom once told me, "Be fearless. Even if you are scared. Others will be fearless with you. And that will make you fearless as well." I remember smiling at that. "Never give up. You'll never know what happens next." I smiled again. "And most of all. Remember, everything can be fixed, with a smile. No matter how small."

"I'll remember Mom," I promised her. This was just before the day.

Just before our birthday.

Mine and my brother's.

Now, guys! I know this chapter is much shorter but it's also very revealing. As I said I'm going to try and put out two chapters a week, even if it's a small one like this. I hope you guys enjoyed this!

AND for anyone can tell me what they think happened to Tristian, Private Message (PM) me your idea! If it's wrong OR right, I'll do a small chapter on it with a shout out to you! Please don't post it in the comments, I will delete them as it could reveal the story for some people.

Thanks as always! See you next time Arrows!