Chapter 14-I'm Not Dead... Idiots

I could hear loud, sharp noises, and then... I heard, something else... An explosion. I could feel my body being picked up as I was being moved around here and there a bit. I heard screaming, but I couldn't make out words.

I was so... tired... so... hot.

I was being dragged next, and then, along someone's shoulder... I couldn't... couldn't breathe. Then when I finally could, I felt warmer than I was supposed to. I was burning. I hadn't felt like this since I was sick as a child. Was I sick again?

I was being laid down before my eyes finally adjusted to the sight around me, Rhys was standing over me. Everyone seemed panicked, but I couldn't calm them down. M  throat hurt too much to speak.

"She's alive you idiots!" Rhys yelled. They thought I was dead? Of course, they would think that! I couldn't speak, so instead, I stiffened my body, and tried my hardest. A sniffle and a small whine were all I could manage. I couldn't hear anything that was farther away than Rhys. "She has a steady pulse, but her body is incredibly hot. What happened?" I slowly began to zone out, everything was, hot... and cold... all at once. Suddenly I was being picked up again and... was set back down on something... soft. Ava's bed. It was so soft I just... had to rest... I had to sleep.

By morning I was sniffling again, half-asleep, refusing to open my eyes. I let out a violent cough and leaned back, my head pounding worse than before, my throat completely dry. I knew they were here, I knew what to do, what to say to them so they could help, but I couldn't speak.

"Princess Tristian," I heard Rhys voice through the pounding, "Can you speak?" I opened my eyes a small amount to carefully show the green contacts and coughed at him to try and tell him no. I didn't listen to much of what was going on, all I really heard was that they had to solve this. They've never taken care of a human before! Oh, my word!

"I wish I could read more," I heard someone say. Noi... H-He can't read...

"Ugh..." I was able to muster out as something brushed along my arm. These guys have no idea what they're doing, but better me then Ava.

~*~*~TIME SKIP~*~*~

I was asleep until I felt my body being picked up again, and I was rested in some water. It was cold, and felt, nice.

"SINCE I DON'T HAVE ANY!" I heard someone scream, "BECAUSE IF I DID I COULD PROBABLY HEAL TRISTIAN!" I smiled a small bit, they aren't used to this, but they're trying. I have to try to. I try to stand, and fall. I try again and continue to fall, but I don't stop trying. Until I slipped under the water. I could move my arms up enough to grab the sides. I couldn't breathe. I was drowning.

"TRISTIAN!" I heard someone scream, my eyes adjusted a bit. Rhys. In a panic. I felt him pick me up as I coughed hard, trails of water dripping from my mouth. "Tristian! Are you alright?!" His hands were tight, he was in a panic over me almost drowning. Does he really care, that much? I forced myself to nod and he let out a sigh of relief. "At least you have a small response that isn't you coughing. Now please, try to relax. Mrs. Oats is here to help us." He gently set me back down into the water and left, making sure I was propped up well. I wanted to speak, to tell him I was fine. But I couldn't. At least they aren't touching the dresses I made for Ava and me for Tommy's wedding, not to mention Lance and Jeffory's too.

It wasn't too long before I felt a towel go around me and I was being picked up again. My hair was soaked and, I sneezed. I was getting so cold now, but my body still burned. I heard a scream and this loud noise. The hairdryer. Noi. I bet he thought it was a monster... knowing him.

Some time passed and I finally found that I was able to stay awake and keep my eyes open, talking softly, but at least I could communicate with them now.

"Princess Tristian," I heard someone say, I saw a figure sit down at the end of my bed.

"H-Hi..." I mumbled with a small smile, "I-It's good to see you again..." I coughed out. "Derek."

"D-Derek?" They asked. My head was pounding harder. Was I, hallucinating?

"I-Is Buttercup okay?" I asked quietly.

"Buttercup?" They asked again.

"My really tall friend, with the marking, on his arm..." I said as I slowly leaned back and fell asleep again. When I woke again, everyone, except Rhys, was in my room.

"What happened to you?" Was the first thing Pierce said.

"I got overheated in the hot tub," I answered, "I must've gotten sick because of it."

"Why didn't you recover after one sunset?" Lief asked.

"Heh," I smiled a bit, "Humans take longer to recover." I looked around at all of them, they looked like scared little puppies. "H-Have you guys, really been taking care of me?"

"Yes," Noi said with a smile.

"Kill and take care of," Lief corrected.

"Yes," Pierce responded.

"Heh," I said with a faint smile, "Thank you."

"Don't flatter yourself human," Asch said harshly, "You know why we need you. Don't think of it as anything-" I coughed to cut him off. Yes, I did it on purpose. "Are you alright?!" Everyone stopped and looked at him. "What? I need her not to die yet!"

"Don't you have Ava?" I asked while cocking my eyebrow. He was blushing. All I could do was chuckle. My throat still hurt too much to laugh. "I am fine though, I'm feeling much better now that I've had some rest. It'll take a day or two, but I'll be back to normal if you guys keep taking care of me. I-... still need... rest..." Slowly I was starting to fall back asleep.