Chapter 20-The Stars in Their Sky

(Firstly, before this starts, I'm sorry for not posting on Thursday, the practice was changed to later and I haven't had ANY time to myself lately. But I'm glad to still be writing, most updates will be pushed to the weekends again, so sorry about that! BUT! WE'RE BACK NOW! ENJOY!)

"TRIS!" Ava screamed, throwing me off the couch, "GET UP!" I sat up off the floor while rubbing my head, exhausted since all Leif and the others wanted to do was watch TV last night. I couldn't get any sleep.

"What?" I asked in a groggy and annoying whine, "I wanna sleep!" I fell back on the floor and curled up in a small ball.

"IT'S OCTOBER!" I jumped up at hearing her and ran to the window. She was right!

"WHERE ARE THE DECORATIONS!" I screamed and ran to the supply contest. We grabbed all the lights and spider pumpkins and everything. We plugged in our headphones and blared the music while we layered every inch of the house in lights. I think I even started singing it, mentally laughing at how bad I sounded. I looked at Ava and smiled after I finished my light strand. She knew what was coming next and frowned upon me doing it, I was doing it anyways. I let out a breath and leaned back and flipped off the top of the ladder. Landing in a squat about five feet away. She shook her head and I smiled in response. Only to turn back to the guys and land on the couch a second later. I pulled off my headset and smiled around.

"Why can't Ava hear us?" Noi asked in a panic.

"She's listening to music," I answered, "We always do when we put up Halloween decorations."

"What's Halloween?" Pierce asked and I gasped.

"I can't even with you guys right now!" I shouted while standing and taking my headset, "How dare you ask me that!?" I put my headphones back on and ran towards my studio. How do they not know what Halloween is?!?!

I spent the rest of the time I had to myself doing up Halloween costumes for Ava and I. I took basic inspiration from the Damos' outfits and filled it in with other knowledge from my dreams and such. They weren't... real Damos clothing... but they looked pretty close. I think.

"TRISTIAN!" Ava screamed and I jumped a bit, hiding my designs from her, "I'm going out with Leif, you're with the others! Watch them!"

"ALRIGHT!" I screamed back and left my studio once I heard the door shut. I walked out into the hall to see each of the boys with sour looks on their faces. "I know. Leif. Picking spell."

"H-How did you-" Rhys began but I stopped him.

"Ava and I are sisters," I remind him, "I've known her basically my whole life. So, what do you guys wanna do?"

"I'd like to speak to you about the um... talk we had," Rhys said with a nervous look about his face. I nodded and the rest of them looked at us.

"Is that what you promised to tell me?" Pierce asked. I nodded.

"I heard," Asch said, "You may be from Damos."

"Really?" Noi said, "A human Princess from Damos?" He didn't seem too surprised. Were humans in Damos? That's... kinda cool.

"Why don't we all talk about it?" I ask and walk over to the couch, "I mean, I do remember another place before I met Ava and our Dad's... maybe it was Damos. But I'd need to know what it looks like and such."

"What do you remember about where you used to live?" Asch asked as the rest of them followed and sat down with me.

"Well..." I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. Thinking of the old world I used to call home. Then letting my thoughts transcend to words.

I remember the stars mostly. They were the only light I can really recall. I remember the forest and the tall trees with almost blue leaves. My brother and I used to climb them every day while we were hiding from my best friend in our little games. I remember how once my Mother took me to the city, it was so big, I got lost. I met someone who helped me though, he was loud and didn't understand why I was sad. He made me laugh when he said he'd punch the sadness out for me. He took me back to his house, it was like, this large castle... It was a castle. My mother was there. She hugged me tight, and our walk home, we went past this long river. She told me the greatest secret of the land that day.

"No matter how far away from home you are..." I finished with few tears trailing my cheeks, "Following the river... the river of bright blue lights and the stars I loved to see, can always, always, bring me home..." I opened my eyes and looked at each of them.

"Sounds like Damos," Noi told me with a smile.

"You were in the castle?" Rhys asked in shock, "Your Mother as well!"

"Yeah," I said, even unsure of myself, "I guess so. I guess Asch must've found me and brought me."

"I never brought anyone into the castle," Asch corrected.

"Perhaps it was Rhal?" Pierce suggested.

"Rhal?" I asked, "Is that like, Asch's brother or something?"

"Yes," Asch sighed, "Rhal is my older brother." I nodded and stood.

"Well," I said and smiled to him, "I like you better, and at least now we know that I'm... from... Damos..." I said it, unsure I was even being truthful anymore. I'm from a fictional world. That... explains a lot, but at the same time... nothing.

"Who were your parents?" Asch demanded, "If you were in Damos, in the castle of all places, you would've had to have a powerful family."

"I don't know," I lied, "All I know is I didn't come from a great family. Adequate in the least. Barely still though."

"Do not lie to me," He stood and towered over me, "You may be a Princess, but you are still my Prisoner. No more hiding this. Not your powers, not your past. Tell. Me. Now!" My eyes went wide.

"No more hiding this Tristian," I heard him say, "Not your powers. Not what you are. Show. Me. NOW!" I jumped back and guarded myself while shaking.

"Princess Tris?" Rhys asked while standing, "Are you alright?" I stood, still shaking.

"H-He's said that to me before as well," I said in a nervous and quiet voice.

"Who?" Pierce said and stood.

"My Father..." I said even quieter.

"Whose your Father?" Noi asked and joined us all. I stood and looked at all of them. It was time. Real trust... It was beyond time.

"Dominick," I answered firmly, a reflection of pink, showing faintly in my eyes. I knew because that's what I saw.

Behind them.