Chapter 15-True Friends (Trust Part 2)

I got up on my own today, no thanks to Lief who decided to poke me with his weapon all night! But, I was feeling much better than before. When I woke up, Lief had somehow fallen asleep, so I took this as a chance to work on the dresses I was secretly making for Ava and I. They were meant to be for the weddings and because none of the same people would be at either of them, I only made one for each of us. Her's is a lilac purple short cut with flower print design. Mine is a red forest flower print with golden lily petals along the bottom, and gloved sleeves. Ava hates gloves, so I didn't bother.

"Prisoner!" I could hear Asch calling me. Dang, it! No! I couldn't let them see the dresses, they weren't done yet.

"JUST A SECOND!" I called out and relocked the door. I'd have to work on them another time. Once I turned I was faced with Asch right in front of me.

"What were you doing in there?" He asked harshly.

"My job," I said in an even harsher tone. They did not need to be in my studio! Not at all!

"What is that room?" Lief asked, "You've been going there an awful lot lately."

"It's... well... my uh-MAGIC! POTION ROOM! I do all my crafting in there for spells and potions and such!" I lied.

"Y-Your potions?" Pierce asked amazed.

"YES!" I said, "None of you may enter! It is, very, very, umm, dangerous! Yes! That's it!" I kept my ground in front of the door and pushed myself against it. "So, s-stay away!" Noi came up and looked at us confused.

"Are you talking about human clothes?" He asked and my eyes grew wide. First with shock that he knew I was lying, then with anger because he knew what was behind those doors. I ran right up to him and grabbed him by the collar.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S IN THERE?!" I yelled at him and fear took over his face.

"M-Mrs. Oats open the door for me to see!" He yelled, "I only went in and looked at them! I promise!" I dropped him to the ground, a mortified look on my face.

"Y-You went, inside..." I muttered and turned back towards the door, unlocking it and throwing the doors open. "AHHHHHH!!!"

I could not believe my eyes.

Everything was destroyed, my designs were on the floor, some soaked, some ripped apart, a few burnt from something that someone left plugged in. My sewing machine was completely ruined and on the floor. And this wasn't one of those 'It'll look better in the light' things. I flicked on the lights and it got worse. My eyes adjusting quickly and I ran over to my glass cabinets that were the holders to mine and Ava's dresses.

The cabinets were shattered.

And the dresses were ripped apart.

Soaking wet.

Burnt.

And covered in mud.

"N-No..." I said and dropped to my knees in the glass, "No..."

"What the-" Asch said, "Noi what did you do?!"

"It was an accident!" He protested, "I came in and tripped over something, the white thing fell and scared me and I kept running into things since it was so dark!" I stood up with his words and brushed myself off. But I still kept my back to them, clenching my fist tight. "I-I'm really sorry Princess Tristian..."

"Heh-" I forced out as my eyes watered, "Sorry?" My face turned as harsh as it did red. "You destroyed my studio! My designs are ruined! My sewing machine is on the floor! And those dresses..." I let out a breath and turned back to them, tears trailing down my cheeks. "Those were for my brother's wedding, in one week. They were for Ava and I. And you just, you ruined them. You ruined everything!" My knuckles turned white as I looked down and forced my way through them. "I don't care what Ava says anymore. Letting you guys into our lives, was the worst thing we could've ever done." With that, I walked into her room, locked the door, and flopped on the bed.

Crying.

I normally and not emotional, but those dresses, the designs, everything in that room was something I made. Those were mine. 100%. Designing was my actual life, and I had important people coming tomorrow to look at my designs. This next fashion line of mine, the next show. It would've set Ava and I up for two years! And now I had nothing to show them.

"Princess Tristian," I heard a knock at the door. Rhys.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed through my tears, but he didn't. I heard him sit down and a soft breath came with it.

"I heard of what Noi had done, and I cannot apologize enough for that," Rhys began, "I understand how important this is to you. With how you acted as your Father's had brought it up at the Pizza place we had gone to. But please, I ask of you to look kindly into what you're saying. Do you believe, truly, that Noi, of all of us, would do this? To you of all people?"

"It doesn't matter," I tell him and sit up, "I kept the room locked, my whole life has been that." It was my turn to breathe as I swung my feet over my bed and closed my eyes. "Even before I met Ava and our parents, I remember my family barely being able to get by. We had, little to no money, despite countless jobs my parents would go on. After Ava's family found me... I was... sure of what I had to do. I loved to create things. I loved to make things better than they were. I loved making clothes. Fashion. Everything that was in that room... It would've set us up for over two years... now it's all gone..."

"I-I don't know what to say..." Rhys said and I heard shuffling outside, "I'm so... I'm amazed and astonied, and a bit confused."

"On what?" I asked as I got up and carefully walked to the door.

"I understand this obsession with clothing..." Rhys clarified, "That makes perfect sense, but... you said 'before you met Ava and your parents' does that mean you aren't Ava's true sister?"

"I am," I said, "Just not by blood, and if it makes things clearer, Devin and Andrew aren't either of our blood parents either."

"How does that work?" Rhys asked.

"We were both in bad situations," I told him, "Me more so than Ava, but nonetheless. They took us in as if we were their own. They love us better than our real families ever could. We're still their daughters, as Ava is still my sister and... you all... are still my friends..." I opened the door and whipped away the rest of my tears, blushing madly as I saw Rhys, now with glasses.

"W-We are, your friends?" Asch said amazed. I didn't realize he was standing there.

"Yeah," I said a bit unsure. Then I saw the others come out of my former studio. They looked like a hurricane hit them. I smiled with a slight chuckle at the scene. "Yeah, we're friends." I catch them all smiling, even Asch and then Noi, runs out of my former studio, and trips. Again.

"It's all fixed!" Noi cheered.

"What?" I asked as I walked past Rhys and everyone.

"We didn't exactly like making you cry," Lief pointed out, "So we used a small bit of our magic and fixed the room. We even finished those dresses that you were crying about for like, no reason." I walked in, and they were right. Everything was fixed, and a small smile grew back to my lips.

"Did we do a good job Princess Tristian?" Noi asked with an innocent smile. My smile grew brighter than the sun as I ran over to Noi, picked him up and swung him around in a hug.

"Yes!" I laughed, "This is better than it looked before!" I set him down and turned back to the studio, "Now if I can just get Maria and Vinney to go for my new designs..." Luckily, those are locked where only Jake and I know, and he knows I'd kill him if he showed anyone. I smiled and nodded, then turned towards the dresses. "Almost perfect, a few small edits, but... I think these will be good ones..." I turned back to them and smiled slightly.

"I am glad you're happy again Princess Tristian," Pierce said. That was the point, the point I realized they all were still calling me that. I shook my head and shoved them outside the door, locking it with a smile.

"Call me Tris," I said and they all stepped back with a gasp.

"R-Really?" Rhys asked stunned.

"Yeah," I said, "You guys earned it. Now c'mon. I'll make everyone some lunch."