Chapter 26-Her Final Step

I kept my fist closed tight, along with my eyes. I had to calm my breathing, holding on tight to my emotions today would make or break what would happen next. But after what Steve said... I shook my head and whipped clear of all my tears. I had to grow up...

So, I stood up and wandered around a bit, hopefully, I could find the gang, and if they don't wanna hang out with me, I know Lorilei does! I began running around until I actually ran into Noi and Asch.

"OW!" Noi called.

"Sorry," I said and stood.

"Hey!" Asch called as he turned around, "Watch where you're going!"

"Hey, I was looking for you," Noi said, "Oh, hey Tris."

"Hey, what are you guys doing? Where are the others?" I asked looking around.

"Oh," Asch said, "We thought you heard Ava, she had us split up when she saw someone. We thought you went with her, Pierce, and Leif."

"Oh, nope!" I said with a small smile, "That's a relief, I thought you guys ditched me."

"Why would we do that?" Noi asked confused, "We actually like you compared to other humans!" His smile. The innocence and truth that sat there was... just what I needed to see. "Asch, do you think the plan worked?"

"When I catch you two!" I heard Rhys calling from the distance, "You'll be sorry you even dared to insult me as such!" Oh, he mad.

"You were supposed to lose him!" Asch yelled.

"I thought he was following you!" Noi yelled.

"Ummm... what happened now?" I asked as Rhys bolted closer towards us.

"Let's just say," Asch began, "If Rhys is actually angry, we don't wanna cross paths with him."

"What do we do?" Noi asked. I looked around a bit, then caught-The Haunted House. Oh, I live for the Haunted House.

"This way," I said and dragged them along with me. We had to run around in there for 20 minutes. Noi screaming the whole time and Asch yelling about how sorry they were. I couldn't help but smile this whole time. This was... exciting.

"Ava!" Asch screamed.

"Asch!" Ava screamed back.

"Asch!" Rhys said. Oh. "Noi!" My. Then he used his powers. Ice... and his eyes... were glowing... Word. "Prepare to face-"

"Rhys!" Ava shouted as Lorilei turned towards him.

"Ava!" Rhys shouted.

"Magic!" Lorilei asked shocked.

"Leif!" Ava said.

"On it," Leif replied calmly. HOW IS LEIF OF ALL PEOPLE THE ONLY CALM ONE RIGHT NOW?!?! It was like-poof then bam! Lorilei, unconscious.

"Let's, get out of here," Ava said, "We're done with the carnival for today."

"Agreed," I sighed and lead the way out. The whole way back to the entrance she told me about Steve breaking up with Lorilei, and, I found myself telling her what Steve said to me. In the midst of my emotions, I knew I could always tell Ava more than anyone. It was easy to talk to her. Pierce even carried her out. By the time we had gotten outside the carnival, she was waking up.

"You, didn't have to do that Ava," Lorilei said with tears in her eyes.

"Nah," She replied, "It was cringy to see that. Besides, no one disses you like that except me."

"Thanks," Lorilei said with a pitiful chuckle.

"You sure you're gonna be alright?" I asked.

"Yeah," Lorilei answered half-heartedly, "To be honest, I saw this coming. I think I just need time." She went and turned, beginning to walk away. Then, Ava surprised me.

"Hey, Lorilei!" She called out, "You wanna, hang out, next week?" Even Ava seemed unsure of herself. "Since you know, that's what friends do?"

"A-Ava?" She said, still teary-eyed, "Heck yeah I do! I thought you'd never ask!"

"Alright then!" Ava said with the faintest of smiles, "I'll text ya!"

"Yay!" Lorilei cheered, "See you all later! Bye Hotties!" Then she really walked away.

"I thought you didn't want to hang out with her before?" Noi asked.

"Yeah, but... I changed my mind," Ava lied. Okay, I know when she lies, she's not very good at it. "Humans are like that ya know? Can't ever predict them." I smiled and placed my arm around her shoulders, giving her a small hug.

"I'm proud of you Baby Sis," I said with a small smile myself. Then, off we went. Back home, to where... I would stay.

For now...