Chapter 11-Closer

(So, for those that don't know. This is Episode #9... Yeah... prepare for a lot of chapters people and... Damos, if you're reading this. Do they know how to read human language?)

I just ran... I guess it's what I'm best at... I've always run, from everything. In any situation where I felt to much pressure or like I was in a situation, I couldn't handle... I ran. I just did with Ava, but, that was more than just the Damos appearing and our Dad's questioning us. He was there. I saw him, and I wanted to leave the whole time, them showing up, just seemed like a great excuse.

"TRISTIAN WAIT!" I heard someone call after me, but I kept running. I didn't want to be anywhere near him. I didn't need him recognizing me. I've worked too hard to hide from him. I ran out through the back alley's of town, something I found before Dad and Pop picked me up. I ran through the woods surrounding the town and took a right at the foot of the cliffside, instead of the left that brought me to the docks. I could hear someone behind me. So I sprinted faster, faster. Keeping my stride long but careful so I wouldn't die out before I got there.

Then I got there.

There being a large rock wall with a roaring waterfall down its side. I smiled up at it, clapped my hands together, and began climbing up. Hearing a grunt behind me as I kept a steady pace ahead of them. It wasn't him and that's all I knew. I got to the top and skipped across the stones in the slow-flowing river, then quickly climbed a nearby tree. Hiding to see who followed me.

"Tristian..." I heard a voice say as I saw some very familiar black hair. He was breathing heavily as he pulled himself up and my eyes widened as he looked around. He followed me??? B-But... why? "Come out! I know you're here!" I silently swung my feet around and hung upsidedown from the branch staring at him.

"You've never said my name before," I said calmly, though I was getting a massive headache already from the blood rush. He turned and jumped at the sight of me. "I also didn't think you of all people would be following me... heh."

"Where are we?" He asked and looked at the trees around him. I jumped down and landed on my feet as I walked back over to the river between us. "Why did you run? Why didn't you stop when I called your name?" Now he was getting angry. Heh.

"This is the City Falls," I answered, "Though I think I'm one of the few that still know about it. I used to come up here all the time. The view of the city is amazing in itself." I turned and motioned to the city lights that were now coming into play. He turned slowly and his face... for once he smiled. I've never seen him smile before. It made me smile, and I wasn't even looking at the city anymore! "As for why I ran... I just... felt like I guess." That was a lie, but... I couldn't tell him the truth. Not yet. "I know Ava needed me but, I didn't want to go out, to begin with. This situation was her's to get into. I just stepped in at the right time to help. It's what family does."

"Some families..." He muttered.

"What?" I asked, acting as if I didn't hear him.

"Nothing," He said in an angry tone. For once though, it quickly fell aside.

"Heh," I smiled and stuck my hands into my pockets, "Ya know..." I began as I jumped back over to him. "You being outside makes you less angry. I think it's the fresh air. Clears your mind." I sat down right at the edge, my back to him as I smiled, and instead of pushing me like he probably wanted to.

He sat next to me and smiled back.

"As a child, my mother would always bring me outside..." He said with no reason, "She loved the woods in Damos and the cold dark air that came with it." I smiled and allowed him to continue. He seemed like he needed it. "She used to bring my brother and me out and we'd throw rocks along the waters... She loved counting their jumps... She never got to teach me how to do it though..." My face saddened.

"Y-You mean like, skipping rocks?" I asked and he nodded in response, "Here, get up. I'll show you."

"Y-You will?" He asked as I took his arm and pulled him up.

"Yeah!" I answered with a smile, "My brother and I used to skip rocks all the time!"

"You have a brother?" He asked and my face went grim. Luckily, I had turned away from him.

"Y-Y-Yeah!" I stuttered, "Tommy! He's my brother!" He nodded and came near me. "Okay, first..." I picked up a nice flat rock from the water and dried it on my shirt. "You wanna cup it in your hand like this. Then cock your arm back and tilt your wrist out, when you go to throw the rock it's all in one motion." I demonstrated and turned back to see him smiling. "Now it's your turn! Here, so it's easier I'll stand behind you and move your arm like it should be done!" And I did. And both of our faces... RED!?!?!? Why are we both blushing? "There! You did it!" I smiled at him as I looked back along the almost dark sky. "We should get back. It's getting late. Very late." He nodded and looked off the side of the mountain. "Ready for the best part?" He looked confused. That was a good thing. I took his hand, dragged him back. Then dragged him forward.

Then I jumped.

Down.

Down!

DOWN.

DOWN!

I laughed after we came up from the water and began walking back through the woods. I made him swear he'd never tell anyone of my secret spot by the falls and for once. I trust him.

"Do you like Ava?" I asked as we neared the building, "Like, are you in love with her? Or do you just want to be with her because she's a 'Princess'?" His face was beet red as he stuttered meaningless things. I only laughed. "Don't worry. I have my answer now." I flashed him a wink and ran upstairs. "Your secrets safe with me. I promise."

(This chapter is much shorter than my other ones, but it's also a huge secret in play. Now, if you're correct I'll tell you, but Privately Message me if you think you know who it is! The next chapters a huge one between the Damos and TRISTIAN! Ava is getting 'removed' temporarily! You'll see why soon!)