Chapter 12-Trusting (Part 1)

"Where were you?" Ava asked as I came back in, Dad and Pop were sitting on the couch with the others. They must've waited.

"I was nowhere," I answered and looked away. They stared behind me as he glided by and sat on the couch with the others.

"Why did you run?" Pop asked with concern.

"I-I-I was... umm... s-scared... of what you would say...?" I lied-horribly mind you.

"We weren't mad at your sister for these guys," Dad commented in, "We wouldn't be mad at you if you just explained..." I looked away but could feel their presence on me as I looked up with an alarmed look and shifted back a large step. "You can tell us, Bumblebee."

"That's right," Pop added in, "We know you've been off ever since the day we picked you up. We just, we want to make sure you're okay... before we came around you were-..." He paused and I felt myself stiffen. Tears stinging my eyes.

"I was what?" I said in a slightly harsh but hurting tone, "I was dying." I stretched the word as my emotions began to get the better of me, and for once, I didn't mind that they were. It's been almost 20 years... I need to tell them... I just wish the Damos and Ava weren't here... "Do you wanna know why I really left? Why I couldn't stand to be there another second?" I kept walking forward, coming off my harsh as my eyes glossed over, the memories all coming back to me as they did a few weeks ago when Leif saw me crying. "He was there!" Dad, Pop, and Ava flashed each other puzzled looks.

"Who?" Dad asked. I shook my head. "Can't you tell us who Bumblebee?" Dad asked, "We just wanna help." I shook my head, my throat caught in a cry as I headed into Ava's room.

"I-I just," I said as I let out a sigh, "I'm sorry for snapping. I just don't like talking about it... It's not the greatest subject for me. I can't do it... not yet... not now.

"We understand Bumblebee," Pop said as the phone rang and Ava went to grab it, "We'll get out of your hair now." With that, the two began to leave, but not before I stopped them at the end of the hallway and hugged them both tight.

"I love you guys," I said as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Love you too, Bumblebee," Dad said for both of them, and they left in silence.

(Short chapter, another one's coming out, I promise, but Part 2 to this chapter will come out much, much later)