JADE KING

I ran to him and he picked me up and spun me around in the air. "How's my little sweetie doing" he said with a smile"  "Just great, Daddy but I missed you and Mom so much" My Dad smiled at me and said "I missed you too, sweetie"

"Where's Mom? Didn't she come home too? " I asked him, a frown creasing my brow as I looked around him towards the front door.

Befo he could reply, Mom walked in and I ran to her and hugged her tightly and said " I missed Mom" She hugged me back and replied "I missed you more Jade"

"Welcome back Mr King and you too Julie" Miss Min Young said shaking my dad's hand and hugging my Mom.

"Thank you Min Young,for taking care of Jade while we were away" my Mom said to her "it has always been and always will be my pleasure to do so" Min young replied, smiling fondly at me.

Then my Dad said "guys I have an idea,why don't we eat out at that fancy restaurant in town to celebrate our homecoming uhh?"

"Yes!!!" I say excitedly and everyone laughs "Jade why don't you go ahead and get dressed so we can leave" "ok!" I say and run upstairs to get dressed.

I'm so happy my parents are back home not that I minded  hanging out all day with Miss Min Young,but I had missed them so much.

We live in a beautiful house in New Orleans but I hated school and the feeling was mutual,how you might ask?

Well I was constantly bullied and harrased so I made my parents homeschool me but when their job became too demanding Miss Min Young offered to tutor me.

She had always been a family friend since as long as I can remember so she became my tutor,My parents were secret agents working for the government and their work often took them away from home for weeks at a time and the only person they could trust me with was Miss Min Young.

My parents had no other family as they had both lost their parents and had been only children,they grew up together and had been best friends since childhood and they became even closer when their parents were killed in robbery attack.

I pick out a dress and brush my  curly brown hair but as I turn to leave the room I catch sight of something glowing,half buried in the sand outside.

It looked like a tiny moon and my curiosity was immediately roused but I am dressed up already and I don't want to get dirty so i make a mental note to check it out tomorrow.

I go down the stairs and we pile into the car and drive of to the restaurant and at dinner we,share stories and experiences and jokes but then,my father received a call,I could tell something was wrong from the looks that passed in-between them but they didn't say anything.

Later that night I lie in bed waiting for them to come and tuck me in but they don't  so I get out of bed clutching the doll my Mom gave me on my fifth birthday, and walk down the hallway to their room.

I push open the door,and see my Dad speaking with someone on the phone and my Mom is pacing with a worried look on her face

"Dad,Mom what's wrong?" I ask hesitantly, what was going on? They hadn't even noticed me standing there. "Oh Jade sweetie why aren't you asleep?" My mom asks walking towards me

"I couldn't, besides you didn't tuck me in" My Mom sighed and my Dad said "I'll speak to you later" and hung up then he walked over to me and picked me up "we are so sorry Jade" then they took me to my room read me a story till i fell asleep.

The next morning I go outside to search for the glowing thing I saw the night before,I searched a bit before I found it,It was a smooth perfect sphere,it was pale and the size of an orange

While I was still examining it,it started to glow again and float in the air! It moved near me and sank into my chest,I was stunned for a moment then I ran screaming inside to tell my Mom

But before I could speak,she grabbed my arm and pulled me inside with a panicked look on her face she had a gun in her other hand,I could see my Dad  loading his guns and speaking to someone on the phone about backups

"Jade honey, there's no time to explain but you have to run,go find Min Young I've called her already,she can't come here it's too dangerous" then she gave me her necklace that Dad had given her when I was born

She always wore it and never took it off and said "we will always love you Jade" Dad walked over hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. Then suddenly I heard several vehicles pull up outside and then my Mom pulled me to the floor a second before they opened fire on the house,

All the windows were shattered and the furniture riddled with bullets,My Mom pushed me towards the back door and said"Go!!" Then she turned and started shooting.

I grabbed a picture of us that was on the table nearby,turned and ran out the house,I quickly climbed the fence, jumped down on the other side and raced to Miss Min Young's house

She was already waiting for me in her little blue car down the road opposite her house. I climbed in quickly and we drove at breakneck speed to the airport, looking back every now and then to see if we were being followed.

Tears ran down my face and fell on the picture I held tightly,my life would never be the same.