INVESTIGATION

I woke confused for a moment about where i was before everything came rushing back to me. And as soon as i sat up i saw three maids standing at the ready,just outside the bedroom to help me.

They all bowed deeply and chorused as one "good morning your Highness!" I smiled at them and allowed them to bathe and dress me.

"You,what's your name?" I asked one of them, the one who had smiled back at me recognized her now as the one that had attended to me when I first got here "my name is Yeon Ah your Highness"

"Yeon Ah,you will be my personal maid from now on" she beamed and gushed "oh thank you your Highness,I will not fail you" I smiled and said "I'm sure you won't"

While getting dressed,which took eons i must say,i realized that being princess meant losing my previous simpler mode of dressing, for now anyway, because i had absolutely no intention of being trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey every morning.

But today was my first day on the job and all eyes would be on me so i allowed the trussing, fully intending on easing into a more simple way dressing as time passed.

After getting dressed and my hair done i headed over to Munnu's chambers,but was told he was with Il Mun elsewhere,i decided to check out their favorite spot and found them there they both stood up smiling at me.

"You look beautiful Jade,being princess really suits you" Munnu said with a grin while Il Mun pulled out a seat for me. I was feeling a bit shy around him now,but he only smiled at me and asked if I'd slept well,I replied that indeed I had.

I could see that Munnu was about to tease us so i changed the subject. "There's something i've been meaning to talk to you guys about,the disappearance of the yeouiji orb" they straightened and looked at me with puzzled frowns

Then Munnu asked "what about it?" "did you guys ever think about investigating what happened exactly that night?,after all it was seen during your birth right?"

I could practically see Il Mun's brain whirring already then Munnu answered "yes it was,but how it disappeared was a mystery". "Then why don't we find out what that night?"

Il Mun Then asked me "do you suspect foul play?" "Well I wouldn't put anything past your enemies,in my experience people that are greedy for power, greedy enough to kill a King and Queen will go to any lengths so yes I do".

"Well I think that is a wonderful idea,we should do this" Munnu said eagerly "we could ask the midwives who attended my Mother that night"
Il Mun nodded and said "yes and we could also the records of that time to know exactly how it disappeared".

I grinned at the two of them "well what are we waiting for?let's go play detective" although they had no idea what detective meant they stood up and Il Mun said "I'll see if i can find any of the midwives".

I stood up too and said "I'm coming with you" but he refused "you go with Munnu to check out the records,I'll go alone i don't want it to be obvious we are up to something"

"alright then,but be careful" he smirked "I'm always careful" I rolled my eyes and he left. Munnu then said "shall we?" "Yeah let's go"

King Munnu's POV

On getting to the house of palace records which were kept under an official,I saw Hye Jin. She bowed to both me and Jade and Jade bowed in return "Your Majesty,Your Highness, what brings you here?" she said with a beautiful smile.

But I didn't want her to know why we had come to the house of records,I couldn't bring myself to trust her when so much was at stake so i just turned and left abruptly.

Jade's POV

We are met by the Crown princess,who smiled at us and greeted us in a friendly manner. I bowed and smiled back,I had seen her around at the contest and at my wedding but had never had the chance to speak with her or see her up close.

She was beautiful and didn't seem wicked or bitchy at all and i looked forward to getting to know her better,but i never got the chance because Munnu,on seeing her,had glared at her with that cold expression he reserved for the officials.

He then turned and left abruptly without saying a word to her. I turned to leave, baffled by what had transpired,I turned to look at her before leaving and i caught the look of fierce longing and sorrow at his reaction to her,she had clenched her fists in her robes as if trying to restrain herself from going to him.

(Later that day)

I paced back and forth outside in the courtyard in front of Munnu's chambers awaiting Il Mun's return. I had tried to find out from Munnu why he reacted that way but had only met with a stone wall of silence.

I was deep in thought when one of my maids suddenly said "oh his Highness is here" they all blushed and tittered and I could see why,he looked so handsome striding towards us.

Il Mun's POV

I saw Jade outside with her maids as I approached she looked deep in thought as she paced back and forth,and I couldn't help thinking that Munnu had been right, being Princess suited her.

She looked up as i approached and i asked her if she and Munnu had discovered anything but i could tell immediately from her expression that something was wrong "what happened?"

She then explained their encounter with the Hye Jin and I sighed she frowned and asked "why was he so rude to her and so moody afterwards?".

I then explained to her that they had once been childhood sweethearts and we three had been close friends even before their marriage but she betrayed us and almost got Munnu killed "he thinks she never loved him and was only spying on us for her father".

But Jade said "I don't think that is the case at all,the look I saw on her face today was that of a woman deeply in love and hurting" "and how would you know that?" I asked teasingly "have you ever been deeply in love?".

She blushed and looked away from me refusing to meet my eye "no,but i know what i saw,I think she still loves him and can be trusted,I think even if she did betray him,she regrets it or maybe she was even blackmailed! Either way I don't think she willfully did so."

I frowned,Jade was right i hadn't thought about why Hye Jin would just suddenly betray us,she had loved Munnu and me,we had stuck together through terrible times and we hadn't given the benefit of doubt or a chance to explain herself.

"You're right Jade,I trust your judgement,try to find out what exactly happened" she beamed at me and said "I knew you would be reasonable about it" she then kissed me on the cheek and dashed of to leave me pondering on the strange emotions her kiss had evoked.