REDEMPTION

I go and see the Crown princess after speaking to Il Mun. She is very surprised to see me but she greets me warmly and asked "Your highness, what brings you here?" She asked with a smile.

I smiled back at her and asked her if we could speak in private,she agrees and asks her servants to leave. I could tell she was nervous and very curious about what I wanted to say.

"Your Highness, I want to ask you a question, please do not take offense at my directness,do you still love His Majesty?" I watched her face carefully as she spoke, to know if she was lying or not.

My boss,Kim Ha Joon had taught me how to spot a liar,and as a lobbyist we usually worked with politicians. Knowing how to spot a liar was an ability that was valuable and could save you a whole lot of trouble.

Hye Jin's POV

I am surprised at the question but I am relieved to be able to bare my soul to someone "yes,yes I do with all my heart and soul,I know he thinks I betrayed him but this is what actually happened".

I explained everything to to her,my father's schemes,the Queen's involvement and blackmail. "I never knew she would still try to kill him,i was tricked into doing what i did,i was so stupid".

Jade's POV

She looked so distraught that i reached over and held her trembling hands,she wasn't lying. "It's not your fault,you were only trying to protect them,but there is another way you can help".

Her eyes widened and I continued "we are investigating the disappearance of the yeouiji orb,we need to know what happened to it and how we can get it back,I'm trusting you with this,I'm also giving you a chance to redeem yourself in front of Munnu"

"Can you help us?" She nodded "yes i can,i can spy on my father and the officials" "but this must be kept a secret,and we will pretend not to be on good terms with each other in public so no one will suspect anything,trust no one"

"Don't worry,I will not let you down,thank you so much for giving me a second chance" I smiled and left.

I was on my way to see the King when i saw Il Mun,I went to him and pulled him aside out of earshot of the servants "I found something" he said "we have to see Munnu immediately" i nod "I spoke to the Crown princess today".

He turned to me interested,"what did she say?" I then explained everything to him "she is willing to help,and she can spy on the officials and the rest in a way we can't because they think she's on their side,she can be trusted and i was right she still loves Munnu"

He smiled "that's a relief,I'm so glad you were right because I now have information that proves that the prime minister and his cohorts somehow had something to do with it,and we'll be needing all the help we can get" "Let's go in then"

King Munnu's POV

I look up as Jade and Il Mun came in. I was still going through the records from around the year of my birth but so far I hadn't found anything, hopefully they had.

"Did you find anything?" "I did,it was difficult because almost all the midwives who were present that night died mysteriously within a year,I tracked down the only surviving one but she would not speak"

"She did give me a written message though" he said handing a message to me. I opened it it had only two characters, "what does this mean?" The first was a caricature of an official but i couldn't figure out the second.