TRIP TO THE TEMPLE

King Munnu's POV

I am standing by the river when I heard Il Mun say behind me "Hye Jin never betrayed you Munnu" I clenched my fists,why was he saying this? "How do you know that?"

"Jade spoke to her and she explained how my mother had threatened to kill you if she didn't cooperate,she had no idea it was a trap,she must have been so scared and alone and we blamed on top of everything,we didn't even give her a chance to explain her own side of the story"

I winced as his words cut me like a knife,he was right all these years I had treated her harshly thinking she had hurt me not knowing I had been the one causing her pain I need to see her,I thought when I heard her voice behind me

"Your Majesty" I turned to see her looking so nervous and afraid that my heart wrenched at the sight,I had made the one who loved me like this, afraid of me I was speechless.

Il Mun walked past me and hugged her smiling "Hye Jin i'm sorry sorry please forgive me,this stupid brother of yours left you all alone,but I will never do so again I promise"

She smiled through her tears at him and seeing them made me feel even smaller "I forgive you hyungnim" "thank you Hye Jin,i'll leave now" and she nodded.

Il Mun's POV

I leave so I can give the two lovers some privacy and on my way out i run into Jade and she slips and starts to fall but I quickly grab her by the waist and look down at her,she has squeezed her eyes shut thinking she was going to fall. "Open your eyes Jade I've got you".

Her eyes flew open and for a moment our eyes met and held,her eyes dilated and she breathed "Il Mun" And then I did it,I did what id always wanted to do since our eyes met on our wedding day. I kissed my wife.

She tasted as sweet as I thought she would,but it ended all to soon and she stepped away from me eyes wide then she stuttered "th...th..thank you for s..saving my head".

I smiled at her and said "it is my duty to protect you,dear wife I would never stand by and see get hurt" she smiled back at me and asked

"What's going on back there?" "Munnu is with Hye Jin, they're finally back together" "that's wonderful,I'm happy for them"

"Me too, it's all thanks to you though" " it was my pleasure to help".

(Time skip)

King Munnu's POV

We all sat down to hear what Hye Jin had found out. "The shamman that took the yeouiji orb fled to the mountains very near the temple and now hides there"

"We need to go there right away" Jade said and I agreed "yes the shamman is the link to getting the yeouiji orb" Il Mun then said "Jade and I can ride to the mountains and bring the shamman"

I frowned "I don't want the shamman to be brought here, it's too risky" Hye Jin then said " i have an idea".

The next day the announced that he and the Crown princess, Prince Il Mun and Princess Jade would be going to the temple to perform some rites.

Preparations were made and the four of them left with fifty guards,twenty servants and two physicians. The King and Crown princess rode the carriage while Il Mun and Jade rode on horses.

Unknown to them the officials had sent a spy to trail them and find out what they were up to and report back to them.

Jade's POV

I was armed to the teeth with a few of the servants carrying my extra ammo,I really hoped that everything would go I wouldn't have to use them.

I look over to where Il Mun was mounting his horse,I was still struck by how good-looking he was.