VICTORY AND LOSS

Jade walked pensively through the lines of her foot soldiers that she was currently training in the use of guns and explosives.

They only had three days,according to their spy,three days to train her soldiers and Jade wasn't sure she had enough arms to train and fight the war.

Even now a soldier was missing his mark,more bullets wasted,she sighed and walked over to him "no focus on your target not the sound of the gun"

Jade had especially requested for her men to be mostly archers,as  they would be better with targets and it would be easier to make the transition from bow and arrow to guns.

But even still the problem of not enough arms still loomed so Jade had went in search of the blacksmith and asked if he could make bullets and had given him a sample.

Il Mun had also told her about the young son of a noble man Baek Jo, who dabbled in alchemy and was very smart "he might be able to create explosives for you to use"

She had and they were yet to contact her yet,at least her men were now doing fine now that they had gotten used to the blasts of the gun.

Just then a messenger called for her,from the smith. She quickly left instructions to her men and hurried to the forge

"Ahh your highness i have made what you requested,here it is" Jade surpressed a squeal of excitement,at the sight of the gleaming bullets before her

"Thank you Han gguk" hopefully Baek Jo would have good news for her too.

King Munnu's POV

I stood overlooking the courtyard where all the soldiers where training,the whole palace was abuzz with preparations for the war.

And even later i had to meet up with Il Mun,Jade and the other generals about the strategies we would use to overcome the Tang.

I turned to walk away but caught sight of my Queen walking towards me. The sight of her beautiful smile never failed to make my heart flutter

She stopped before me,smiling "Your Majesty hope everything is going well?"  "Hmm it is,thank you my Queen"  she giggled "for what Your Majesty?"

"For being by my side,for loving me thank you"  Just then Il Mun walked towards us "Munnu!  Ahh Hye Jin how are you doing?"

"I'm fine Your highness" she replied  he then looked at me "Oh Munnu we have to start the meeting soon in the strategy room" i nodded "ill be there soon" he then walked away

Hye Jin sighed "i wish he and Jade would admit that they love each other already,i don't like seeing them like this"  "i know my Queen,i feel the same way,but we promised not to interfere"

She pouted "i know" "dont worry maybe after the war they will sort themselves out" i said trying to cheer her up "now give me a kiss before i go"

She blushed prettily,before going on her tip toe to kiss my cheek "now go or you will be late"  aish she was so cute with her red face "I'm going,i'm going" i chuckled before turning away.

Il Mun's POV

I left the two lovebirds and headed for the strategy room,to wait for the others,but on getting there i found Jade. She was staring at the tactical maps.

She looked so beautiful with her brows furrowed in concentration. She looked up then and for a moment i thought i saw hurt in her eyes,but in a flash it was gone and i wasn't sure if i'd actually seen it or not.

"Oh Your highness thank you for telling me about Baek Jo,he was a great help"  i scowled  "Your highness??? And you don't have to thank me for Baek Jo"

She was looking at everywhere but me "well,its only right that i address you with your title,i have been quite disrespectful"

I was confused "Jade i have never required you to address me with my title before,when people are around yes,but never when we are alone or with Munnu or Hye Jin"

She sighed and sat down "alright Il Mun you win"  "Jade we need to talk-"
just then Munnu and the other Generals came in and i stood glancing at Jade,who ignored my gaze and smiled at Munnu instead.

I sighed this was going to be a long meeting.

(Two days later)

King Munnu's POV

I sat atop my horse waiting,i could feel the power coursing through my veins,waiting to be unleashed. In my minds eye i could see the Tang army approaching and their formation.

I could sethat they had not come in full force,but in splinters,they were trying to surround us,just as i had predicted,but of course we had prepared for that.

Jade and the other the other half of our army were stealthily making their way around Tang attack from behind.

Il Mun,next to me communicated with her with a small device that fit in the ear,she was using her drone to avoid the Tang that were trying to surround us.

The Tang had marched into place,opposite us waiting. Their General rode towards me so we could exchange a few words before the battle began.

I urged my horse forward as well,coming to a stop before him. "I can see your emperor was to much of a coward to face me in battle"  "Your Majesty,you can still surrender"

My eye glowed at his words "Never" i said,turning my horse and galloping away from him back to our lines and then all hell broke loose.

(The Battle)

The first wave of soldiers led by Munnu charged at the Tang. It was only a quarter of their army so they fell quickly. Il Mun stood with the second wave of soldiers

"Jade, where are the others?" He could hear her smirk through the device clearly "the second wave are crawling through the cliffs,trying to come up behind you,but don't worry the fireworks will soon begin"

And true to her words,the explosions began,and the second half of the Tang's army went up in flames. Jade winced and continued onwards with her soldier to the back of the largest portion of the Tang army.

"On 1,2,3 Fire!!!" The Tang began to fall as Jade and her soldiers kept up a steady spray of bullets,causing the rest to bolt forward in fear.

"Il Mun now!!!" Jade said as she and her soldiers gave chase, Il Mun and his army charged forward,trapping the Tang in the middle and the fighting began in earnest.

Il Mun and Munnu tried to keep their eye on Jade as this was her first time in battle but she seemed to be doing fine.

Soon the battle came to an end as the last of the Tang fell. Cheers rose up among Silla's soldiers and the King and his brother grinned and hugged each other before turning to Jade who was riding towards them.

But as she rode towards them two arrows suddenly stuck into her horse's chest causing the animal to rear up and crash to the ground with under it.

Oooo cliffhanger,dont forget to vote and comment and please forgive me for not updating earlier but ive been ill for a while now and i was so scared it was the coronavirus but it turned out to be a cold,thank God so now I'm better ill just finish this book before updating it,instead of updating only chapters

Love Vickyaeon🤗