I'm Hungry

Prompt by: Janafo28

You were currently working on some last minute paperwork that you needed to rush out as soon as possible. Lena had called earlier to let you know that she was making her way over for lunch with you and although you were waiting for her to arrive, you had gotten distracted by the work you had to do.

Lena arrived a couple of minutes after letting you know. Since she was your wife after all, she had unrestricted access to your office so she didn't bother knocking as she stepped inside. She had expected you to at least give you a quick hey but you were clearly busy as you didn't even bother to look up. Lena hated being ignored so she tried talking to you.

"Love? I said I'm hungry."

You barely acknowledge what she was saying as you were almost done. Still working on your files, you didn't bother to look up.

"Okay, babe. I'll have my secretary order us food."

Lena was getting annoyed over the fact that you weren't paying attention to her. She was just about to tell you something else when your phone suddenly rings and you answer, dropping everything you were doing. Lena glared at you, crossed her arms and watched as you talked to whoever was on the phone. She did not like the fact that she was being third wheel with her own wife. Work was important just as important as it was to have lunch. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Emily called and wants to...!"

You immediately drop your phone and turn to face her.

"That fucking woman! She wants to what?"

You stop, realizing that Lena was showing her CEO glare that she would use when she was pissed off with her board members.

"I'll buy you anything you want. Lets go."

You stand up, taking her hand and briefly taking your secretary to hold your calls as you took Lena to lunch.