t w e n t y f o u r

five  years has passed, imani continues to struggle with the reality that her whole family has died and they were never going to come back. somehow, even with her powers- she was not able to see exactly where everyone went. it's like thanos had taken her powers away. so, all she could do was continue to college and hopefully move past everything once the world cleaned itself up and accepted the fate of the universe. imani was also no longer in contact with tony or any of the avengers. of course, tony kept tabs on her but never said a word. imani was still pissed that the two were dragged into this- she wanted zana to survive or have both of them dissapear. tony was the reason she didn't have her powers anymore.

imani threw off the covers and opened her blinds of her college dorm. today was her last final of junior year. she was more than excited to be done. her best friend and roomate sidney lopez was already up and drinking her coffee, studying for her last final as well. "im so done with this. and it's not even eight." sidney complained about there history final. imani nodded, making herself a cup of coffee. "suppose you try to help?" sidney pleaded. ever since they met freshman year of highschool, sidney had tried from time to time to get imani to use her powers and her best friend never did. "you already know the answer." she remarked and went to get changed before leaving. "i know." sidney said before closing her notebook and checking herself in the mirror. both of them looked good and they headed out the door, coffee in hand ready to kill the final.

a few hours later, they sat across from one another at the small cafe down the street from columbia university and the old stark tower. imani stared down at the cars whizzing by, or what was left of them. "wanna run tonight?" sidney asked and imani nodded, she needed to clear her mind. her mind was buzzing for some reason and couldn't put her finger on it. she wondered what tony was doing, and closed her eyes. then she saw him. she opened her eyes and breathed heavily.

"you ok?" sidney asked nervously. imani shook her head with tears coming out, for the first time in five years her powers actually worked. she looked around and saw the past. she saw all the souls that were once here in front of her as they once were. little kids laughing, couples kissing. "sid, i can see them." her voice cracked. "who?" she questioned looking around at the desolate street. "everyone." she said before standing up and hailing a taxi. she knew exactly where tony was, her father used to take her and her sister there every christmas.

"i'll be back sid, i have to see someone." imani exclaimed hopping in the car. sidney knew exactly who she was talking about.

↢ ↣

imani rushed to the door of the cabin and banged loudly, tears pouring out whilst running out of breath. tony peered through the window before opening the door, and his heart started to beat fast. as soon as he opened the door, her wrapped his arm around the fragile girl. "i saw them, tony. i saw every one of them." she said her mind replaying the moment over and over again. "who?" he questioned embracing the girl. "people, everybody that left. i saw them like a flashback as it happened." she said walking inside with him. "ok, what's the big deal? you see people." he said as pepper walked into the room. she smiled bringing the girl into a hug. 

"that's not the point tony- i havent been able to use my powers since that day. it's like thanos had sucked them away from me." she finished. tony sat down perplexed, pepper rubbing the girl's arm as a comfort. "what is wrong with me?" she questioned before seeing the very last person she'd thought she would see. 

pepper and tony's daughter walked towards imani and sat down next to her. she peered at all three before giving her the biggest hug.

"hi?" she questioned the young girl smiling. "my dad said your pretty powerful." the young one said making imani blush. "he told her about your whole family, and how you all never give up." pepper explained. "come on, let's go eat."pepper said taking ahold of her daughters hand and walking away. "listen tony, i am so sorry. i never meant to hurt you or pepper." she began. "i was so hurt and angry, i didn't think clearly." she finished. tony nodded, " i know. and yet i still love you like you are my own." he said standing up and hugging the girl.

she took in his presence, and the familiar warmth. he was all that she had left. she wasn't going to let him go again.

:)