t w e n t y s i x

imani walked through her childhood home, after a long day of work

imani walked through her childhood home, after a long day of work. after a few long months of figuring out her job at a human resources job- she was spent. after getting her degree in human resources, she flocked to the first job she could get. she wanted nothing to do with her past and she was somewhat happy about it. she noticed something odd, her front door was open and as hse peered around she quickly realized someone was inside. "hello?" she called out grabbing a pole that was perched against the wall. "if you don't leave right now, i am calling the police." she warned walking into the kitchen. she did not expect to see who she was seeing. captain america was sitting at the breakfast counter with a very hungry man. wanda walked into view, as she put down the pole.

"you really shouldn't do that. shit" she breathed a sigh of relief.

steve gave her a knowing look, and she giggled in response.

"language." she said rolling her eyes.

"but seariously, why are you here?" she questioned sitting down next to cap.

"and who are you?" she motioned towards the very hungry man. "scott." he waved his hand getting back to his sandwhich. "ant man, too." he quickly added. nodding, she turned to cap and gave him a questioned look.

he swallowed before speaking, "were taking down thanos." he remarked. tears filled the young girls eyes, swallowing back tears she looked away. "we tried and failed. what more can we do?" she said wiping away some tears. "because we know where he is at. we know where the stones are. we are planning to go back in time." natasha began. "that's where I come in."imani pieced the puzzle together.

"steve..i don't know. i have finally moved on." she began. "i don't wanna go back down that road." she finished with her head in her hands. she did not want to have another breakdown, especially not in front of them.

"there is no other way, trust me. we would not have come here if there was." natasha spoke clearly.

sighing, imani nodded, "when do we leave?"