t w e n t y f i v e

i don't want to do this anymore

imani looked over at the bedroom window, she had been staying the summer with tony and was very grateful for his hospitality as well as not holding a grudge against her. she rubbed her eyes, trying to decide what she wanted to do. go back to the city or stay here, she didn't want to live like this anymore. 

knock,knock. 

she peered at her cracked door at saw tony leaning in, she smiled allowing him to come in. "pepper wants to know if you want to help with lunch." he mentioned casually. "tony...we need to talk. i have something that has been on my mind for a bit." he looked concerningly at the girl who had become her daughter overtime, he sighed and sat down.

she took a deep breath, before looking at him in the eye.

" i don't want this anymore." she stated. "don't want to live here anymore?" he said growing anxious. she shook his head causing relief. "i dont want this life anymore." she declared. the anxiety was back, as he rubbed his face in his hands. "wha?" he said standing up. she felt tears swelling in her eyes. she swallowed, looking down as he paced. 

she finally let the tears fall, as her looked at her. 

"tony, i cannot live this life anymore. i cannot have this power within me knowing i couldn't do anyhthing. anything to save my sister. anything to save peter. anything to save the ones i loved." she began rambling. he shooed her, as he brought her into a hug.

"tony, please take it. take it from me. i dont want to do this anymore."

freak, this is the last short chapter. im sorry, ive been stalling and dragging. this is the final phase of the book. enjoy!