𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Maya approached her father, wary of the fact that he might tell her to stay out of the mission, again

Maya approached her father, wary of the fact that he might tell her to stay out of the mission, again. She was reminded of the time they got to the helicarrier, earlier in the morning where he announced her role - to stay indoors at all times and do not engage.

"You are not gonna get involved in this, Maya," Nick ordered his daughter.

"What? You're holding me back?"

"I'm trying to limit casualties. This is a level seven. This is dangerous."

"And I have been training everyday of my life since I was 10 for this! You can't keep me back this time, not when you need all the help you can get."

"I will have all the help I need when the recruits get here."

"Right, your precious Avengers. They're not Gods, Dad. They're bound to get hurt too."

"Better them than you."

"That is dangerously selfish! I'm ready for the field, please, you can't do this."

"This isn't a field, this is a warzone, Agent!"

Maya stayed silent for a second. Realising, her father was too stubborn and protective, she decided to drop the fight.

"You call me Agent, but I've never felt like one. Just remember, sir, that your blood runs in my veins. I'm a Fury too. I know what a damn warzone is."

She halted in her steps when Nick saw her enter. He met her gaze halfway before fully ignoring her and continued with his job. He didn't want her back in the Command Center because he needed her help. He wanted her there just so he could keep his eye on her. Frustrated that she was just there to be babysat, she marched off to the training rooms.

Passing by Phil, he gave her a sympathetic look. Besides Natasha and Clint, Phil overlooked her training. He only wanted her to focus on one area of expertise, like other agents but the little girl had other plans. After she skilled herself in hand to hand combat, she went on to master weaponry. And after that, martial arts, computer security and a lot more to list.

Phil knew better than anyone that Maya was ready to lay down her head for her country, her loyalty was one of S.H.I.E.L.D.S's biggest assets. To see her skills go unrecognised, by her own father, upset him just as much as it upsets her.

She spent hours releasing her tension on an innocent punching man bag. When she got tired of using her fists, she brought out her ring daggers, then her guns and so on. When she got back to using her fists, she noticed the ship was eerily quiet. No one was passing through the halls and there was little to no communication between the comms.

She kept laying hits when dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D agents appeared. In the middle of the team, she saw him. His smirk was still plastered on his face but it grew wider when his green eyes laid upon her.