𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

She trudges across the floors, into her lake cabin

She trudges across the floors, into her lake cabin. She was relieved that she had built this safehouse, without S.H.I.E.L.D knowing. She never knew if she was ever going to use it for anything besides a vacation spot, but there she was, using it as a hideout instead.

She discarded the clothes she was wearing and placed it into the fireplace, destroying any piece of evidence she was ever there. If she could be stealthy and place a communications chip on Captain America, she was sure S.H.I.E.L.D would have placed one on her too.

She enters the bathroom, with a pair of scissors and hair dye. Unprofessionally, she chops her lengthy hair until the tips touched her shoulders. Her naturally brown hair, she dyes black. Assessing her new look, she turns to put on a pair of dark jeans and a tank top.

She exits the bathroom and travels to the basement, where it looked more modernized as compared to the rest of the wooden house. She switches the lights on to reveal a room filled with high quality and advanced technological equipments, a weapons locker and a uniform locker.

Maya swiftly walks towards the high tech computers and laptops, switching all of them on. She makes sure to install an Anti-Hacker Firewall, so that when she sweeps S.H.I.E.L.D's database, no one would know she was.

Setting everything in place, she runs an encryption to break into the database, revealing even its deepest secrets. While waiting for the encryption to fully unlock everything, she runs her hands through her now short hair.

She recalls back to the previous night. Who was her attacker? She had never seen him before, had never heard of him before. How does he have that metal arm? She grazes her fingers on her bare stomach, feeling the cut he gave her. She thinks back to when she gave him the same stab. Does he have a scar like her or is he some kind of robot, who heals instantaneously?

A chime from her computers woke her up from her thoughts. "Okay, let's see what we got."

She focuses her attention on all of the monitors in front of her. Her eyes scanning back and forth, trying to pinpoint a single detail about the attacker. Not getting what she wants, she rapidly types on to her computer.

Metal Arm

A dump of information laid waste on the screens. There were too many things related to metal but none of them gave her anything specific. She types again.

Metal Arm + Soviet

More information starts flooding in but still none of it suggests an attacker. Then she remembers. Natasha knew him. She didn't admit to it, but Maya was confident Natasha may have encountered him before. She types in, one more time.

Metal Arm + Soviet Weapons + Natasha Romanoff

"Third time's the charm. Come on, give me something," she silently prays.