𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

"Here," Maya offers Steve his cup of coffee

"Here," Maya offers Steve his cup of coffee. With his hat tilted low, Maya could barely see his blue eyes.

"Tell me why you decided to bring me to a museum?" he asks. His head turns left and right, viewing beautiful pieces of art as they pass through the halls. Maya smiles without answering. She guides him towards an exhibition that was more crowded than the rest.

"Thought I'd bring you back home for a while. Might cheer you up."

Maya enters the exhibition dedicated to the man himself. Kids were running around, with faux shields, pretending to save the world. Girls were gathered, giggling, talking about how handsome Captain America is. Maya notices that Steve wasn't beside her. She looks back to see him standing at the entrance.

His face was one of gratefulness and humble glee. Maya pulls him inside and guides him around. Soon he leads forward leaving Maya behind, who was staring at him, smiling. He looks at all the displays about him and his friends from back in the day. Maya could tell he was reminiscing.

Maya took the opportunity to venture out. She figured he needed his time alone. As she braces through the exhibition, she came across a monument display of a man. He was handsome, beautiful even. He looked brave, like every other soldier in that museum. She tilted her head, examining his face.

"Should have been born in the 1910s. These boys look hella good." She shakes her head, laughing. She looks to the right of the display and read the name.

Sgt. James Buchanan Barnes of the 107th

Maya looks back to the picture of Bucky. The photo disappears and a video emerges. It was one of Steve and him, laughing.

"Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in the service of his country."

"Even when I had nothing I had Bucky," Steve says miserably, joining Maya by her side. "He was-"

"Stubborn like me?" Maya says, mischievously. Steve lets out a small laugh, recalling back to when he compared the girl to his best friend.

"Yeah. But he was a good man. He'd always make sure I was okay. Wouldn't leave me to defend myself alone. Even after the serum."

"How did he.." Maya questions. She wasn't sure if she should, but Steve replied anyways.

"We were attacking a HYDRA train. He got shot at, and he fell off. We were in the mountains." Steve tried to gasp out more words but Maya noticed his difficulty. She grabs his hand and squeezes it.

"Tell me more about him," Maya says, walking away from where they stood, Steve following behind.

"He's been there for me since we were kids. He had my back always. He'd fight my battles for me when I couldn't. He'd lay his life down for me, without question. That was the kind of man Bucky was."