𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Maya was accompanied by Rumlow as she enters Pierce's office

Maya was accompanied by Rumlow as she enters Pierce's office. She didn't like how she was being guarded, as if she was going to run away. Rumlow leads her inside, eyeing her every ten seconds. She swore, if he turns to look at her again, she's gonna punch him.

"Agent Fury," she hears. She levels her eyes with an elderly man. Alexander Pierce. "You know who I am?" he asks.

"Yes, sir."

"You know why you're here?" Maya shakes her head. She starts glancing around the room and sees an agent, meddling with a computer and what looks to be a lie detector. She frowns deeply and turns back to Pierce.

"Your father was assassinated, 15 hours ago, and we have no leads. We were hoping you might help us."

"With all due respect, sir, I don't see why I need to be hooked up to a lie detector for that."

Rumlow smirks out of the corner of her eyes. "We need to ask you a few quest-"

"I wasn't talking to you," Maya spouts. Rumlow clenches his fists in anger. Maya couldn't care less. With her father dead and his attacker roaming the streets, she wanted to speed things up so she could start her own investigation. One egoistic soldier was not about to stop her.

"You can leave now Rumlow," Pierce ordered. With a last warning look, he leaves.

"Agent Fury, your father was the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. He was murdered last night. An assassination like that, is hard to come by. We take pride in our security. We have some questions we need to ask you and we want to make sure we get the truth."

Maya reluctantly agrees and sits down in the chair. She watches as the agent attaches the detector to her, typing away on his computer. As soon as he gives Pierce the signal to go, he begins questioning her.

"Agent Fury, where were you last night? Say 8 p.m?"

"Home."

The detector blinks green.

Pierce waits for her to say more but she doesn't. He continues with the next question.

"Did you know about your father's whereabouts last night?"

"No. The last time I saw him was here. At around 2 p.m."

"You didn't know that the last place he went to was Captain Roger's apartment?"

Maya blinks. Once, then twice. Steve never told her that her father went to him. He held her knowing that information but he kept it from her. Maya wonders why but put the thought aside for later.

"No, sir."

"Did your father tell you about any of his recent activities?"

"No one kept more secrets from me than him," Maya stares at Pierce, who frowns. "No, he didn't tell me. He wouldn't, even if I asked." Pierce nods his head, approvingly.