𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Author's Note
HO HO HO ITS THE HIGHWAY CHASE SCENE !!

•••

Steve shoves Sitwell hard on the chest, making him stumble

Steve shoves Sitwell hard on the chest, making him stumble. He quickly gets up, trying his best to step away from the Captain himself.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," he demanded.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell lies. "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asks impatiently. Steve grabs his collar and stands him up straight, against the edge of the rooftop.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." He looks down. One wrong move and he'll fall. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right, it's not. It's theirs." Maya smiles to Natasha who replies with another smile. Steve steps aside, and the two assassins kicked him off the roof.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, what was her name? L-Laura?" Natasha asks. Maya looks discreetly towards Steve, who was looking at her, with a petrified expression.

"Why don't the two of you go out?" Steve hangs his head in embarrassment at Maya's suggestion. Natasha looked at him, suppressing her smile. "Rogers, if you wanted to go out with me, you could have just asked." 

Maya and Steve look at her in shock. They thought she would have stopped bugging him, but there she was antagonising him still. They hear Sitwell's scream grow louder and suddenly, Sam, in his Falcon jet pack suit, flies up, with Sitwell, who he held by the legs. He throws him to the ground.

The trio walk towards Sitwell, all of them, about to beat him to a pulp if he doesn't answer their questions. He raises his hands in surrender.

"Zola's algorithm is a program. For choosing Insight's targets."

"What targets?"

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future."

Maya, Steve, Natasha and Sam look at him in confusion. "The future? How could it know?" Sitwell laughs cynically.

"I don't have time for your gimmicks, Sitwell!" Maya yells.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."