𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Everyone emerged out of the woods, all suited up in their uniforms

Everyone emerged out of the woods, all suited up in their uniforms. Maya was thankful she had kept spare uniforms back in her cabin, along with her scythe and her weapons. Steve smiles at Maya and she smiles back.

"Oh captain, my captain," she snickered. "The old suit actually looks way better than our redesigned one, wow."

Sam stares at Maya's scythe, eyeing it up and down. "So what are you? Ghost Rider?"

Maya deadpans. "Grim Reaper but close enough, bird boy."

Maria leads them through a secret passageway to the Triskelion, where they snuck up to the higher floors.

As soon as the door to the communications tech room opened, Maya, Sam and Maria held their guns up and aimed at the agent behind the door.

"Excuse us," Steve politely tells him. The agent raised his hands up and lets them through.

"Everybody, clear out!" Maya orders, and in an instant, everyone obeyed, rushing out. Maria readies the public announcement system for Steve. The whole building was unprepared for his speech.

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

At the last sentence, Steve looks to Maya, a ghost smile forming on his face. Maya nods at him, letting him know that she was always going to have his back. Maria hands each of them the replacement launch chip. They hurried off to the rooftop, where they notice the Helicarriers already flying up in the air.

"Hey, Cap. How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks, as they race across the roof to the edge.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad."

"Sam, I'm gonna need a lift," Maya requests. Sam extends his wings and holds Maya by her hand. They jump off together and Sam flies them to the third Helicarrier. She lands gracefully on her feet before Sam flies away to the other ship.

Maya whips her guns out and starts to run towards the entrance of the Helicarrier. She heard the shouts and yells of  HYDRA agents who had their guns aimed at her. Before they could fire at her, she rolls over to the ground, covering herself behind a metal crate. She comes out of her cover to shoot every three seconds, dropping the agents like flies.