𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Being discharged from the hospital came as a relief to Maya

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Being discharged from the hospital came as a relief to Maya. She didn't like staying there any longer than she had to. She uses her crutch to slowly walk up the stairs into her safehouse cabin. She almost trips on a step when Tez quickly grabs her.

"You're already a klutz without the cane. You need to lay off the walking, while you're like this, mami."

Maya laughs at her friend. She was beyond ecstatic that he had called her. She had been praying he was still alive after the task she set him out to do, and thankfully her prayers had been answered.

"So let me get this straight," the Hispanic man said, "You're a spy? And you were working for S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"Yup," she replied, popping her lips. "Secret's out of the bag, the Black Widow already mentioned that last night in court."

"Yeah, I saw that. Military officials ain't looking too happy."

He sits Maya down in her chair while he goes into the kitchen to make her a drink. He comes back with two cups of hot chocolate. He plops himself down next to her, looking to see if she was comfortable, given the fact that she was just discharged.

"So how long have you been an agent?"

"Officially? Two years."

"Unofficially?"

"Nine." She throws him a playful wink as he looks at her in disbelief.

"Nah, there's no way they let you train that early."

"I was very persuasive." She laughs recalling the times she would throw a tantrum at everyone because they wouldn't let her train.

"And these bruises? A gift from HYDRA?"

Maya stops laughing, sighing deeply. "Not exactly." Tez looks at her to continue.

"He was working for HYDRA but he didn't know what he was doing. They were using him through mind control."

"That ain't good."

"Mhm, it isn't," she said, shaking her head. "They electrocuted the poor guy. Imagine a thousand volts in your head, we'd probably die."

The conversation soured the moment they mentioned Bucky. Maya wondered if he was alright, now that he was alone.

"Where is he now?" Tez asks.

"I don't know. He escaped."

"You're saying there's a dangerous metal armed freak running around D.C right now?"

Maya frowns upon the nickname. "He's not a freak, Tez."

"He's still dangerous, Maya. You gotta find him before he kills again."

"He isn't gonna kill anyone. The mind control wore off."

Tez suspects Maya when she said that. There was only one explanation that could describe how she knew about his mind control wearing off. Maya realises she had said too much and cautiously turns to Tez.

"You let him go, didn't you?" Maya didn't reply.

"He was there and you let him go." She looks up to see Tez smirking smugly. He knew he was right.

"Pretty sneaky, sis."

"He's innocent. If I didn't let him go, the cops would have killed him." Tez shakes his head at his friend.

"Look mami, I don't know the guy to decide what you did was right or wrong. But you gotta keep a lookout. If what you told me about him is all true, then he's got some questions he wants answered."

"And you think he's gonna ask me?" she questions.

"You gave him a reason to trust you when you let him go." Maya reflects on his word, knowing he was right.

Maya straightens up in her chair. She stares at Tez, who was looking around her house in caution. Suddenly, they heard an alarm that rang throughout her house. Maya moves carefully to check her security system and examined something in one of the camera monitors. Dashing through dead leaves on the ground was a man, she didn't recognize.

She watches as he stumbles and tries to hide behind a tree. He seemed weak, she pointed that out.

Maya points to her drawer, where she hid a gun. Tez grabs it and stands in front of Maya as he leads them out front. They walk towards the tree and heard a cough come from it. Maya orders Tez to go right, round the tree, while she heads left.

He nods at her, his gun raised. Maya slowly prowled around the oak. On the other side, laid an injured man, whose wounds were patched up unprofessionally. Maya's best bet was that he took care of his injuries himself.

Maya lowers the gun in Tez's hand, telling him not to shoot and to stand down. Proud of himself, Tez smirks at Maya who never took her eyes off the man leaning against the tree. The man's piercing blue eyes bore into hers , as he silently begs her for help. Then, they flutter shut and his breath shallows.

"Bucky?"

• 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 •

•••

Author's Note

OH HO HO

✨ Vote | Comment ✨

𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑⇾ 𝐁𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐒¹ ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें