𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

She slams the door open and enters together with Steve following behind

She slams the door open and enters together with Steve following behind. When they landed, they didn't even bother changing back into their civilian clothes. In their uniforms, they marched to find Nick. Maya was shaking in anger as she approaches her father. Nick was sat in his chair, his left hand mending the headache he was currently having.

"You wanna tell me why you decided to lie to me?" she seethed.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission," he said, without feeling guilty.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share?" Steve questions, rubbing his hands up and down Maya's back, to pacify.

"I'm not obliged to do anything." Maya clenches her fist at her father's ignorant answer. Fearing she would curse at her father, she backs up without saying anything.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick."

"I sent my best agent and the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen."

"Is that all I am to you? An agent?" Maya says, her voice getting louder with every word.

"What do you want from me, Maya?"

"The truth!" she yells, before whispering firmly, "Always."

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns," Steve continues, trying to break the father daughter argument apart.

Nick looks menacingly towards the soldier. "The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything."

"That doesn't excuse you from not telling us she had a separate task, Dad. I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own," she hisses, "Especially if I don't know anything about it!"

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all."

Maya folded her hands in front of her, eyes her father viciously and scoffs. "Except you."

Nick steps around the front of his desk, facing Steve who was closer to him. "You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." Maya rolls her eyes at his statement, "What a bunch of bull," she thought.

Nick starts to leave his office, with his daughter and Steve following quickly. He steps into the elevator and orders, "Insight Bay."

The elevator dings, "Captain Rogers and Agent Fury do not have clearance for Project Insight." Maya frowns at the words. She was already prepared to attack her own father who had been lying to her. Now she realises he has been keeping another secret from her.

"Director override, Fury, Nicholas J." The elevator doors close and they begin to descend slowly. The awkward silence helped none of them. They all looked everywhere but each other.