Prologue

This is the first chapter, I hope y'all like it!

Anna's POV
I'm cooking dinner for my father when I hear the door opens. I heard footsteps coming closer to the kitchen.

"ANNA! Where's my food?!" I heard my father shout.
"It's coming, father" I said in a low voice and my head bow down a little."I told you that when I come home, my food must be ready. Then why it's not in the fucking table?!" He shouted and lunged for me.

I feel my hair being tugged, painfully . "YOU WORTHLESS BITCH!" He then drag me at the basement.

Oh no! Not the basement!
"Father, please not the basement. I promise that your food will be ready next time. Please...please, I'm begging you father..."

"NO! You should learn your lesson to not disobey me!" He said and continue dragging me.

When we enter the basement, I immediately see the chains and dried blood on the floor and walls.

He chain me up and pick up the lashes that rested at the table. "Maybe this will teach you a lesson. I've been waiting to test this on you." He said while grinning wickedly.

"No, father. Please don't hurt me" I beg even though I know that he will not listen to me.

"I don't want to hear anything coming from you, do you understand?!" He scream at my face. "Yes, father" I whispered.

Then I felt the sting then another then another. He go on about half an hour before leaving me to bleed.

I never understand why he always did this to me. I don't do anything wrong to him. It's my mother, she leave us when I was 12 years old. She said that she love me but why did she leave me here, with my father. Before, when mom was still here, my father use to play with me but every night when they think I'm sleeping, I always hear them shout at each other.

Until one day, I saw my father slap my mother. I never understand why but I just ignore it. I'm scared to interfere. But my father never hurt me.

When mom left, he always came home drunk and went straight to bed. After a few months, he started hitting me but never this worse. I don't know why or what triggers him to hit me like this, now.

I still go to school and surprisingly he still pays for it. That's the only thing that keep me to stay in here, school. I want to become an architect one day. But school is still hell.

Everyone hates me but some are just acting to hate me because they are scared of the school's queen bitch, Tiffany. She always bully me but I still stayed, you ask why? I want to make my dream come true and prove everyone that I'm not worthless.

But Right now, I'm reaching my breaking point. I'm losing hope. I tried to escape before but he find me.

I'm 19 and graduating Senior high school. Yes, I stay for that long. I don't have friends and I don't have siblings.

After a lot of thinking, I started to feel the darkness eating me and I give in, at least at my dreams I'm happy and peaceful.

I know short chapter, sorry but the next one will at least be close to 1000. And yes, the first chapter is pretty bad but I warned you at the description and the author's note, so don't blame me.Thank you and have a good day!