Chapter 10

Friday, Sept. 21. Kris's house

Kris was aimlessly walking downstairs, waiting for his mom to come home so he could eat. She said it would be a surprise, although there's not a lot of places to eat around this town, but he enjoyed what he could get anyways. He surfed through the pantry to see if he had any snacks. He found some popcorn and a huuuge bag of spicy corn chips. I'll save these for when Susie comes over, He thought just as Toriel came through the door.

"Hi sweetie!" She yelled. "I got three whole pizzas. You can eat some now, and save the rest for you and Susie."

"Thanks mom. I'm so hungry."

"Of course, Kris."

Kris slowly ate the pizza, savoring every bite he had. Even though it was just pizza, it was expensive, well made pizza. Best he's ever had. As he slowly ate the pizza, he looked up towards the clock.

6:04 PM

It was an hour until Susie arrived. Why do I feel nervous? Kris pondered. He wanted to put on a good impression for her. He didn't know why it was so important to him, it was messing with his nerves. He looked around twiddling his fingers. "Hey mom?"

"Yes dear?"

"Can we go and get supplies when Susie comes over?"

"Kris. I was just out."

"Please? Come on." He insisted.

"Ugh... Fine. We can leave maybe 10 minutes after she comes."

"Thanks mom." Kris said while stuffing his face with pizza.

After a while of Kris trying to make himself look good, he heard a loud bang bang bang on the door. He looked at his phone. It was nearly seven already. It must be Susie. He got up to get the door.

As Susie stood at the door, she was a little hesitant to knock. She kind of felt a nervous feeling come over her, which was weird. Why would I be scared? She thought. I guess I've never really been to anyone's house before. Just then the door opened up. She looked down to see Kris standing in the doorway and motioned to come inside, with his usual glimmering smile.

"H-hey Kris."

"Hi Suze."

"Wow. Nice nickname Blue Boy."

They both chuckled. Kris told Susie to go sit down on the couch while they wait for his mom to come out of her bedroom. Susie looked around the place. She noticed how it was already a lot cleaner in this house than her own. Then Toriel walked out of her room. "Oh! You must be Susie. I think I've seen you around the school once or twice."

"Heheh yeah."

Toriel looked towards Kris. "You two ready to go and get some supplies?" They both agreed, and followed Toriel to her van. It was a nice and quiet ride to the mall, with the two still being a little nervous. When they got there, Toriel told them that she was going to go shopping for some clothes, and maybe get something to eat. "Text me when you both are ready to leave, okay?" Susie and Kris agreed and walked over to the arts and crafts section. Kris then pulled out a list on a tiny pocket journal. "Okay, this'll be faster if we split up. Susie, go find a bunch of colored pencils and markers, maybe scissors if you can. I'll go get and cut some big poster board."

Man Kris is pretty organized, Susie thought. "Alright, sounds like a plan. You want to meet back here?"

"Yeah sure."

They went on there separate ways to find good enough supplies for the project. Susie was searching for some better colored pencils that weren't some off brand shit. She wanted to at least show some effort to the project, because she knows Kris wants a good grade. She found some fancy kit with tons of colored pencils in it, so she decided to grab it. Kris's mom was paying so she didn't mind the $20 price tag. "I mean, they look cool." She mumbled. "Alright. Scissors, right?" She eventually found some big scissors that could fit her hand size. "This'll work. Time to find Kris." She turned and looked at the main area outside of the arts and crafts section, and there were people everywhere. "Damn. How am I supposed to find this dork? ... I guess I can text him." Susie sat on a bench placed just outside of the arts and crafts section, as she waited for a reply from Kris. As she waited she saw a figure approach her from the crowd. It was Noelle. "H-hey um... Hi Susie. What are you uhh doing here?"