08 - Trust

"Anne. Anne. Hey Greenie!"

My head shot up and I became face to face with Gally. His face held no expression, he looked as tired as I was.

"What do you want," I yawned as I stood up from the table I was sitting at.

"I've got to talk you you, now," he said urgently. I sighed and sat back down at the table.

"You've got 15 minutes. I have to be at the gardens by then or Alby will kill me for being late, again."

Gally sat down in front of me before folding his arms. He stared me straight in the the eyes then spoke, "I know you're good, or at least I think so. When I was stung, I saw some of the creators and the people here. I saw you, you were crying. You were looking at some sort of computer screen with the Gladers on it and they looked hurt and scared. I think that's a sign that you're good, that you care about us."

"What are you saying?"

"That I trust you." After he said that he left for the Homestead.

I sat there for at least five minutes with my mouth hanging open. Gally saw me? He trusted me? It was so weird to think that was true. Especially because he left with no real explanation.

Ever since I've gotten here I've wanted to know who I really was. Now I know I'm not a bad person. That I care for the people around me. It's like my life is giant puzzle with with several missing pieces.

I rubbed my eyes before stomping over to the gardens. I got to work right away picking weeds around the tomatoes. They looked almost ripe and ready to harvest at any time.

The dirt covered my hands like gloves by the time I was done. I rubbed the grime onto my tan pants, which were already covered in soil. Standing up, I then walked over to water pump to wash off the rest of the dirt that didn't come off.

The water felt cool on my hands. It was extremely refreshing because I felt like I was sweating buckets. When I turned around I ended up running into someone.

"Sorry," I mumbled, a little flustered.

"It's fine. The names Leo," the boy said. He had really dark hair, along with green eyes that stood out greatly. He was also very, very tall. Compared to me at least.

"I'm Anne," I smiled.

"So, how you liking the Glade?"

I shrugged. "It's fine. Could be better. But, I have to finish working, talk to you later?"

"Yeah, that'd be great," he chuckled and walked off.

Before I could begin working again Newt stopped me. "Lunch time, Annie."

"Really? Annie?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I like it. Now hurry up, Clint and Jeff will get all the food before we get there," Newt said, tugging on the sleeve of my t-shirt.

Newt and I got in line at the kitchen. I breathed in deeply through my nose, taking in all the great smells. My stomach rumbled quietly, begging for food.

When I got to front of the line Frypan handed me a plate with a sandwich on it. It looked like there was chicken inside.

"Mind taking this to Minho?" Frypan asked me with a plate in his hand.

"Sure." I grabbed the plate with my open hand. "I'll be back later," I called to Newt.

"Don't stay with that shank for too long!" he called back. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

Before I walked into Minho's room I knocked three times. When there was no answer I let myself in. Minho was sleeping peacefully on his back. He still had all of his bandages on his body.

I set the plates on a table and brought the chair I used before next to him. I reached out to touch his arm, which was surprisingly hard. This boy had muscle.

"Minho. Minho," I whispered. He stayed in the same potion unmoving. "Minho!" I shouted. I sighed in frustration before looking out the window.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Minho's eyes flicker open. When I turned back towards him, he closed them. I smirked, knowing what he was doing.

"Oh, no. I guess I could just eat both of these sandwiches by myself," I sighed dramatically. "Minho will be so upset to find out he will have to wait to eat until supper."

He didn't even move a muscle.

"And because he's not awake, I can finally admit my deepest secrets. I think that Minho has the sexiest body around."

Minho smirked with still closed eyes.

"Cut it out, Minho. I know you're awake."

"Okay, you caught me," he laughed. "Sexiest body, huh?"

I scoffed. "I was just trying to get you to stop fake sleeping," I half lied. Right as I said that, my eyes decided to wonder over his toned chest and stomach.

"Sure," he wiggled his eyebrows as he sat up. Minho grabbed the white plate with his food. From the sandwich the boy took a giant bite. "Shuck, I'm starving."

"I can tell," I stated, taking a bite of mine. "So, how long till you get out of bed?"

"A couple of days I think. If not, then I will sneak out. I can't handle sitting down for a week. Need to keep this sexy body in shape ya know?"

I rolled my eyes after eating more of my food. "Newt is still doing okay. I think he's way better now."

"I'm glad you're helping him. Newt needed the support and you gave it to him. Greenie, you are honestly the best thing that has happened to this shucking place in a long time."

My cheeks began to redden rapidly. That was the nicest thing anyone here has ever said to me. Although, other Gladers have called me "hot" and "beautiful" but it wasn't genuine like this.

Suddenly, I hugged Minho. I wrapped my arms around his torso gently so I wouldn't hurt him. "Thank you," I whispered into his shoulder.

Minho held me tightly. I could feel the heat radiating off his body. "You're welcome, Anne."

I released him and laughed awkwardly. "I better go now. Work and all."

"I know how that is." I started to leave but Minho stopped me. "Can you bring me supper too?"

"Is that just want an excuse to see me again?" I joked.

"Yeah, it is," he said seriously.

"I'll bring you breakfast, lunch, and supper in that case," I smiled before shutting the door.

My heart felt like it was trying to pound out of my chest. My whole body was shaking, but I was grinning ear to ear. It was such a weird sensation and I had no clue what it was.

All I knew was I really wanted to go back in that room.

~~~~~~~
OMG!!! Over 100 reads! That's amazing! Can't thank you guys enough!

You deserve all the cookies! 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

( Remember to vote & comment 💜😃 )