19 - White Walls

Hello!

Read The Maze Lovers and it's prequel Before by MikaShapira

I'm absolutely addicted to them.

•••••••••••••••••

I woke up in a white room, on a silver, metal table. On my left was a white door, other then that the room was barren.

I had no idea how I got here. All I remember is the white light and the ... and the Griever. It made me cringe to even think about that moment.

I suddenly noticed my clothes were different as I sat up. A plain white shirt with plain white pants to match. I swung my legs around so they hung from the table. I slid down, my bare feet hit the cold white tile floor.

The Creators must have brought me here. That was the only explanation. They were definitely watching me.

I walked towards the door with weary steps. My hand shook as I reached out for the doorknob.

"Subject A38, please remain in the room until further instructions are given," a mans voice echoed throughout the small space. It seemed to come from everywhere.

Subject A38? I was a test subject? Where the hell am I?!

I hopped back on the table and sat in deafening silence. It was only five minutes later when the door slowly began to open.

A rat looking man came through with a clipboard in his hand. He shut the door quietly and looked me in the eyes.

"You're probably wondering what's happening, I'm here to explain," he said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He glanced at his clipboard before answering. "All questions can wait, subject A38, Anne."

"I think you can tell me who are. It's not such a big question."

He ignored me then tapped his finger on the board. "Anne, you are very important to the cure. You are creating brain patterns in all of the subjects Killzones. WICKED still needs you, that's why we extracted you from the maze."

With newly found courage I interrupted the rat man. "Why didn't you help me before I got stabbed?!"

"Be quiet and listen!" he shouted. He regained his composer before continuing. "We are putting you back, that is back into the maze. It will be as if you survived. You will have bad injuries. We have to make it real. You will wake up and you will not remember any of this, we will be filling your mind with false memories."

"No! You can't put me back!" I protested.

"You are saving lives, Anne."

"You made me kill someone! How could you do all of this?"

"By killing one life, we are saving millions."

The rat man reached behind his back and took something out of his pocket. It was a syringe filled with a blue liquid. I scooted back in fear that he was going to use it on me.

"Now, don't be alarmed. This will not make you go through 'the changing', as they call it. It will only knock you out temporarily," he explained.

"No, please don't!" I cried. The man came forward and pierced my skin with the needle.

Then darkness came.