17 - You Ain't Comin Back

Banishment day.

It had come quicker then I thought it would. Maybe it was because I didn't sleep. I was too afraid. I knew that no one comes back after a night in the maze.

Today was the day I was going to die.

I stood with the collar around my neck. All the boys in the Glade were here watching me. Except Minho, I didn't see him anywhere.

"Anne of the Track-Hoes, you've been sentenced to Banishment for the murder of Josh. The Keepers have spoken and you ain't comin' back," Alby announced.

I was led to the maze doors by a pole. Newt walked by my side. After what I did, he was still my best friend.

"The walls change at night, so be careful," he whispered.

A wave of déjà vu washed over me as I began to shake.

"Never stop running, Annie, never stop."

I know I've heard those words before. Then I suddenly remembered. My dream. This happened in my dream I had when I first got here. How is that possible?

We stopped and waited for the doors to close. It would only be a few minutes.

"Let me through!" someone yelled. "Move!" I looked over to see Minho pushing through the hoard of boys.

What the hell was he doing?

He ran up to me, his eyes puffy and red. "I'm so sorry, Anne. I'm sorry for everything," he confessed.

"It's too late now, Minho," I said flatly. "I'm going to die."

"I love you. I will always love you."

The doors began to close. I started to be pushed through.

"Wait!" yelled Minho.

He grabbed my face and kissed me deeply. "I love you," he said.

I didn't say anything as I was pushed the rest of the way. Just as the doors were about to close I shouted, "Remember me!"

I looked at Minho who was crying. Suddenly I regretted thinking that I shouldn't have loved him. I still did. I always would.

"And remember that I love you," I said before the doors sealed shut. As if they were sealing my fate.

•••••••
I know it was super short but whateva.
Remember to vote and comment!