𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

conversation between harvey and amber
normal - harvey
bold - amber
italicized - real life

꧁༄꧂

incoming call from UNKNOWN
[ accept | decline ]

the teenage girl was snapped out of her daze when her phone started ringing. knowing harvey was the only one opted to call her this hour she felt the pressure of giving him a good first impression, considering this is the first time they will ever interact with more than just through text.

she found enough strength in her to compose herself and press the accept button. and soon enough she was smiling so wide even though he cant see her with her camera turned off. once she heard his voice, she felt calm and that this was going to be a long conversation. but she's starting to love it.

"whats poppin good lookin"

"new phone who this?"

"gosh amber its ur boi"

she couldn't help the butterflies she was feeling in the pit of her stomach. with the short span of time they have been chatting she found herself falling for the boy even more. and here she was trying her best to hide the happiness he is causing her.

"i dont know no boy of existence
wait that didnt make sense did it? "

"uhhh no?
but its harvey"
*chuckles*

"oh hi ugly "

"i take offense to that"

the boy on the other hand found himself smiling at her goofiness and genuine personality. she may be a fan but he can't deny the fact that when he talks to her, it's as if he is just himself. just an ordinary kid.

"im sorry harvs"
*laughs*

"so who's the culprit behind the frown you're wearing?"

"i dont really know harvey
its been hard here at home
im always alone
and when my parents come
home all they do is argue
im tired of this bullshit harvs
i just want peace in my life for once"

she was never really used to opening up her feelings to anyone. let alone her internet crush. the only person she ever told her problems to was towards her best friend sophia. so her opening up these things to harvey was very foreign to her. but to her surprise, she felt like she could trust him. she felt safe with him. she connected easily with him.

"hey hey
deep breaths
take ur time to explain
im just here amber"

he was becoming more worried hearing the pain her voice. he always saw her as this girl who was cheerful and problem less. but he knew she was still human and she wasn't exempted from feeling any pain. he did want to listen to her. he wanted her to know and see that he was there for her.

"i just want my life to be how it was
like back then. where my parents would be
here and they would always annoy each
other yet end up cuddling at night.
and we were a happy family.
but now i feel like its breaking apart"

the boy knew she was at the verge of tears.
he was starting to hear some sniffs coming from her side of the line. he just wanted to hug her. be there beside her and stroke her hair. tell her physically that she's going to be okay. that everything is going to be okay.

they have been talking for nearly 3 hours. the girl was starting to feel sleepy since she gave off a yawn.

"go to bed amber. you need rest."

"are you sure? what about you?
u need it too ya kno"

"i will soon."

"hey harvey.."

"hmm?"

"thank you."

"i just want you to feel better"

he really did want her to feel better. he doesnt know if her talking to him about her problems would help ease the stress she was feeling, but he wanted to give it a shot.

"no seriously, thank you.
with the little time i have known u personally, im very very grateful for it.
thank you for putting up
with me and my problems.
thank you for listening.
im sorry if i was a hassle
or some shit like that.
i owe u a lot harvey.
sorry too for being a mess.."

he was feeling butterflies. off camera his face was a bright crimson red. he felt happy. happy that he was able to help her in some way.

she felt happy. happy that she had someone like him to listen to her ramble about her shitty life.

"hey shhh.. im willing to stay
even up until the morning
just to know that you're okay
or you will be okay.
it's the least i could do"

"i dont deserve you"

she knew she didnt deserve him. he was too good for her. he was amazing. and she was just another girl going through a ton of shit.

he knew he was the one who didnt deserve her. she was genuine. she was her true self. no filters attached. she wasn't afraid of showing her flaws. and he admired her for that.

"go to bed sweetie,
i will talk to you when u wake up"

"alright meanie"

"im always here for you okay?
goodnight. sweet dreams sweetie."

*chuckles*
"thank you harvey.
goodnight and likewise"

[ CALL ENDED ]

꧁༄꧂

ONCE THE call ended both teens were found looking up at their ceilings trying to process what the fuck just happened.

sure the topic of the conversation was deep. but knowing that the other will always be there they felt genuine happiness flow through their whole body.

soon enough both were drifting off to sleep with the thought of the other still perfectly present in their minds.

hoping to see each other in their dreams tonight.

꧁༄꧂

[ a/n : HOLY MOLY this is a shitty chapter. im sorry i suck at these:( but anyway sorry as well for updating vv slow i was quite busy with some school work recently:( how's everyone doing? i hope yall are safe:> anyways i figured its best for me to write using the 3rd person's pov hence this chapter:) thats all! i hope ur liking the book tho anyways expect me to try to update faster too:> ]