𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐲

꧁༄꧂

HE WAS found smiling right after their conversation. he kept telling himself he didn't know why he was feeling and acting that way. but he knew exactly why.

max soon appeared in his sight as his brother barges in without permission. max knew something was up because harvey would've normally gotten mad over it. but he didn't.

"alright tell me what's going on with you lover boy" his twin sat down at the edge of the bed smacking his brother's head. "first of all why the fuck did you slap me? and second of all nothing's going on." he tried his best to sound convincing but no way did max believe him.

"you honestly think i would believe you? im literally half of you dumbass" his brother chuckled causing him to roll his eyes at the boy. "okay fine. honestly i dont know." harvey started as he slides his hand through his fluffy hair. "what do you mean you dont know?"

"i dont know what im feeling. me and amber, we talk a lot. she's going through some things but i know she's strong. she makes me happy, and shes just i dont know, shes just so different — a good different. its like she brings out the best in me ya know?" max was shocked at his words. he got the feeling harvey likes amber, but he didnt expect it to be this much.

"she makes me happy max. but we're just friends, if thats what you want to know." harvey added, clearly feeling some disappointment.

"you have got to be kidding me. friends?" max said shaking his head.

"yeah friends. just friends. i dont even like her like that. all those things i said, well they were because she makes me happy — as a friend." the boy really tried to deny his feelings. but he knew denying them would only make them stronger. he doesn't know how or why but it did.

"that's bullshit harvey. just bullshit. it's not just 'as a friend' " his brother said while doing those quoting actions in the air with his fingers. "you have clearly fallen head over heels for the girl bro. the way you just explained earlier is one of the signs. your eyes light up when it's her you're talking about. not just that, when you text or chat with her, you're always so smiley. even if the conversation was not that funny or some shit."

"oh and dont forget the fact that, when you guys end up calling, you show this soft, vulnerable side of yours. and i think that's one of the biggest proof you'll ever get saying you have fallen for her." max added smirking.

"bu- dont deny it harvey, denying it will only make you fall harder for her." max cut him off but he knew his brother was right.

he knew he'd fallen for amber. he knew she made him happy. he knew about the whole denying shit. he knew he should accept what he is feeling right now. but he also knew they were friends and that's all they'll ever be. she will never like him back. and it's just simply not going to work.

or at least that's what he thought.

but that's just for now.