chapter 3

12:00 pm

dakota's lame ass schedule

9:15 am-11:20 english literature

11:30-12:55 calculus

1:00-2:40 physical science

2:50-4:30 computer science

5:00-7:55 football practice

her schedule looked boring and didn't really hold much excitement, she labeled it 'lame' in her spiral notebook but it was a little fun to sit there and stare at a single person for hours.

it was where she made friends and connections, she was sort of an outgoing person, other times she isn't. she's like an extroverted introvert. she was closed off and built like a tank but wouldn't hesitate to go up to somebody and make conversation if she needed to.

"you think if i farted loud enough they would think it's a bomb and cancel class?", dakota whispered over to reign as she made a disgusted face at her. she put her hand on her forehead and pushed her away.

dakota had leaned over to whisper at her so she got her nose smashed for it.

"you know..i heard there was this girl who's in la and having a concert. i know a girl who's selling the tickets for 3 grams.", dakota nodded her head towards the front row of the class.

rachel, who had blonde hair and constant bags under her eyes had been desperate for a fix of weed and would give concert tickets for it.

"you want to go and get 3 grams of weed just so we can go to a concert? do you even know who it is?", reign was the more sophisticated and responsible friend. she got suspicious easily of vague things.

dakota, on the other hand, would jump into a pool of lava if she was explained to enough that it was just lava cake.

she loved lava cakes.

dakota was smart, had a solid 3.5 in iq and still managed to fall for the dumbest things or be oblivious to something obvious.

"it could just be tickets to death. so, no dakota.", to get the point across reign had to be stern with her friend. or else she'd go off on a whim and blow up the country.

"dude, it's literally my first concert, for a small price! you know i never go out.", dakota whined and poked her with her mechanical pencil. it was true, she liked talking to people, mostly. she just never wants to be required to go out on her own time and do that.

"you know that if we get murdered in some musty old shack i'll strangle you in the after life.", reign sighed and slapped her pencil away, it was getting irritating. dakota knee that.

she smiled and nodded in satisfactory. dakota went back to taking notes and listening to the droning lecture. she had taken her pills this morning so she could focus a bit more.

reign frowned and shook her head in disappointment, if only her best friend knew better than to just accept candy from a stranger, life would be so much easier.

dakota may be older but she was still a child at heart. reign was forced to raise herself and grow up quickly, so they worked together perfectly. they were each other's wingman. partner in crime. peas in a pod. whatever you want to name it.

that is until dakota falls out of her chair because she dropped her pencil and tried to glue her butt to the seat and reach for it.

"your height isn't gonna help you with that, dumbass. it was 4 feet away."

"at least i fuckin' tried, reign.", dakota grunted and shifted back into her seat.

child.
___
613 words
ya likin' it so far?
stay safe and i love you