chapter 28

may 6, dakota

it had taken dakota some time to actually plan the whole surprise for her to visit billie earlier than they planned.

she had just put her stuff in the trunk of the uber and took out her phone. dakota saw she was spammed with messages from billie being worried, she knew if she texted her she would just blow up the whole plan.

so ignoring it was.

billie was fucking crazy if she thought she would wait 3 months just to see her for a week and a half. she was going to join the tour with billie for the remainder of the months. her university let them out early since they start the academic year early.

she's glad that she spoke to billie's management before just hopping onto their bus and hitchhiking.

___
on the plane, dakota

billieboob🍑

where r u?
y are u not answering?
hellooo?
bro.
answer me.
it's been like 10 hours.
babe?
r u okay?
it's actually been 10 hours now, where are you?
dude???
dakota axton.

i'm busy babygirl.
what's up?

what the fuck? you don't text me for a long fucking time and you text me this dry ass shit?
who u been fuckin this time?

nobody.
i'm doing work, i'm just really busy.
i'll ttyl.

whatever dude.
text me when you're done talking to your bitch.

___

dakota knew billie would be pissed off. she hates being left in the dark and abandoned. so being ignored was a big no no with billie. but she knew once dakota showed her face on the bus billie would forget all about it.

she had to be vague and cold with billie, or else she would give everything away. she technically broke her own rule by texting her and it was hard to be so harsh with billie.

"so, where were you off to on this flight?", the stranger next to her made her turn and take out her airpods.

"what'd you say?", he must be stupid because they were on the same flight going to the same place.

"where are you off to? if you don't mind me asking.", she was oblivious to his flirting, he was a little obnoxious too. he was talking too loud.

"um..i don't know if you understand how flights work..but you do know we are heading to the same place, i hope you checked where you were going when ordering the ticket.", dakota tapped her temple, big brain.

"oh. oh. right, sorry. i wasn't thinking.", he went quiet before clearing his throat.

what the hell is this dudes problem?

"do you have something stuck in your throat?", dakota was just trying to relax, and he was interrupting her quiet time.

"no, no i don't. so..what are you doing in germany?", and yet he stilled tried to make conversation.

"i'm seeing my girlfriend.", dakota immediately smiled and looked out the window, biting her lip bashfully.

girlfriend.

just thinking about billie made her all flustered and have butterflies.

damn i'm soft.

"oh, girlfriend? like a friend that's a girl. alright, that's really nice of you.", he gave her a smile that she assumed he used for all the ladies.

"oh no- i mean-", dakota was cut off by his crusty small lips again.

"my names nathan, but you can call me anytime.", he winked a little too hard and it looked like he had something in his eye.

"oh. i'm gay.", his smile faltered but didn't fall.

"so you're happy to talk to me is that it?", his face just looked dumb saying that.

"not really. i'd enjoy it if you just left me alone.", he grunted softly and turned back to his device.

the nice silence went on for a few minutes. dakota would see him fidget every so often or shift in his seat. she could finally just listen to billie's music in peace now. the flight attendant came around and asked if she needed anything before leaving.

nathan checked her out before looking back at dakota.

"so where are you from?"

oh my god.

___

"please stay in your seats for landing, we should be arriving there in about 15 minutes. it is currently 5:34 am in germany. i hope you all enjoyed your flight and fly with us again."

the intercoms above her head woke her up. she looked around dazed for a second, forgetting where she was. it was still dark out and she could only see the misty clouds.

nathan wasn't in his seat which was good. but the captain just said to remain seated.

she heard the unimaginably loud airplane toilet flush and she turned towards it. nathan came out with his hair disheveled and his buckle hanging loose.

it's obvious what he was doing.

"oh. what's up, i see you've woken up. the lady came by a few times and asked if you wanted anything so i just got you a juice. it's unopened don't worry, there's also a few fruit snacks if you need them."

he smiled at her for a while, she quickly felt awkward and started to look around. she pretended she didn't see him.

usually she put out confident energy, but she was stuck in a small confined space with this guy. it's not exactly like she can just walk away and ignore him.

it's okay, billie's worth it.
___
893 words
2 more chapters 👀🤭
stay safe and i love you