chapter 7

calculus class

"the shits in like a week or so. and they're for meet and greet too. i don't know who it is, since you know. i don't go outside. but who gives out expensive tickets like these just for a small thing of weed?",

reign and dakota had almost the all the same classes. except for computer science. in that period reign was in her art lecture.

"let me see them.", reign put her pencil down and held out her hand. calculus was sort of like a free period.

20 minutes would be around the time the professor spoke about a subject. then handed out work and sat at her desk for the remainder of the time. it worked well because she was good at her job and explained things simply but thoroughly.

"here. they even feel like it. that annoying feeling when you scrape your nails against it. and you feel like throwing up.", that certain sensation in your fingers when you would scratch something a certain way.

it makes the fingers want to throw up. not you, the fingers.

"holy shit. billie fucking eilish? do you know who this is?", reign started to scream silently. she was bouncing in her chair.

"you tend to forget i don't go outside. let me remind you, i don't go outside, or have any interaction with social norms.", she listened to old music. jazz and classical, she was a more laid back person. sometimes she would listen to new stuff coming out.

like reign showed her an album she was listening to. it was good as hell and would definitely listen again, but reign failed to mention the name. so she lived in the dark.

"it's the girl that i showed you last week! you know, the one you kept on wanting to play. billie eilish?", reign was whispering over at her harshly now. she just completely scooted over her chair and excitedly got up all in her space.

"okay. first, what toothpaste do you use because it's amazing and mine doesn't smell that good. second, i thought their name was belly eugene?", reign stared at her dumbfounded. reign might be absolutely fucking stupid while drunk.

but sometimes dakota is like that sober.

"how do you get straight a's when you're like this? do you not listen to a thing i say?", dakota shrugged.

"anyway, what's the big deal? i thought she was underground", it was either that or one of her songs were found underground.

"no. idiot. she's huge, like worldwide. big arenas and everything.", reign spoke with so much admiration, dakota would have thought this billie was her significant other.

"okay. weirdo. when is it again?"

"in like a week. april 4th. she's on world tour. isn't that amazing? world. tour.", dakota nodded, confused. all she wanted to do now was go home and sleep.

reign kept on talking about billie eilish, but dakota didn't take her pills this morning. she was drifting off into her mind.

when was work again?

she worked on monday, wednesday, thursday and saturday. an irregular schedule, but she could work with it.

the concert was on a sunday. that was a free day.

it was perfect.
___
533 words
do you guys like the short chapters?
it's easier for me. it keeps my brain flowing.
stay safe and i love you