chapter 26

new york, dakota

if i was a short girl named billie where would i hide..

dakota had been searching around for a few minutes and came up empty handed. it was getting colder inside the building, everybody was rushing around to clean things up so somebody else could use the arena. dakota assumed they lowered the temperature to cool off.

"billie?", she peeked around dark corners and even looked inside electrical storage rooms just in case she lost the bathroom some how.

often, she would run into somebody who was hurriedly carrying a box of something like their grandmothers ashes were in it.

who needs this many halls inside a building?

she felt like she was in a labyrinth and she had no idea which way she came and which way to go.

cotton eye joe.

"i wonder if they ever thought of hosting a fucking haunted house here. i'm pretty sure i saw that light about 3 times.", she spoke to herself and looked down the corridors.

at the end she saw a small figure sitting down next to an arcade machine, looking at their phone. dakota went over to them to try and ask if they saw billie pass by.

"sorry to bother but have you se-", she was going to finish her sentence when her eyes caught the vibrant black and green hair.

"dakota?"

"billie?", the shorter girl immediately jumped up to her feet and threw her arms around her neck, hopping onto her waist.

"i'm so sorry. please let me explain everything. did you get my messages?", she spoke rapidly and it freaked dakota out a little bit. she didn't know someone could move their mouth that fast.

"uh huh. what?", dakota felt a little dyslexic because she couldn't figure out what the fuck billie was saying because it all jumbled together.

"i'm sorry. i just- i love you. a lot. and it's crazy because we haven't known each other for that long. you're probably the best thing that has happened to me and i'd probably be dead if you didn't show up. so yeah..", dakota nodded. all she got was the 'i love you'. she was love struck and couldn't be happier.

though to billie it looked like she didn't care about a damn thing she just said.

"it's stupid. god, i know. why are you even here?", dakota just shook her head and pulled her in for a kiss.

it was actually their actual first kiss, if both girls thought about it. all the times they stared at the others lips they never did anything about it.

it was early and they know it, they're moving fast but they don't care. dakota was frightened of all the rush she was getting from the girl in front of her alone. the feeling of falling and flying at the same time.

she didn't need to run or to exercise to get the adrenaline she loved. all dakota had to do was be in the presence of the unique person.

"i love you too. i don't hate you. i was hurt, and i was angry but i could never hate you.."

billie smiled against her and kissed her again, wrapping her arms around her neck. dakota put her hands on the small of her back and pulled her in. the height difference was comical but they made it work.

it was sensual and perfect
___
567 words
this chapter is shitty but i think ik when i'm
gonna end this book.
chapter 30.
4 more chapters guys
stay safe and i love you