chapter 25

new york, billie

sweat dripped down her forehead and she panted a little while hunching over her knees.

(reference)

billie nearly forgot all her problems when she was up on stage

billie nearly forgot all her problems when she was up on stage. just a giant swarm of people there to see her and to scream her name.

my beautiful babies.

she smiled at them, picking out a few faces that she's seen from other shows and waving cutely at a couple of them.

"is everybody okay?", she was going to do the same thing she did the last time she asked that for 'wish you were gay'.

the crowd screamed in affirmation, wanting to grasp her attention. some of them already knew what was happening.

"that's good cause.."

"baby i don't feel so good."

___

"i'm the bad guy."

billie waved and blew kisses as she bowed, taking her exit. she was a little down since she had to leave them.

"thank you, i love you.", some irrational part of her had a feeling dakota was in the crowd, so she added the extra words before giving air hugs.

"that was fucking amazing billie, you killed it tonight. you feeling okay?", finneas ran up to her and squeezed her shoulder before letting go. she smiled and nodded silently, trailing off towards her green room to cool off.

when she sat down on the brown couch she pulled out her phone and held it in her hands. she contemplated on whether or not she should fill up that last spot in her inbox.

"fuck.", she wished she didn't hate drugs, she could definitely smoke something right now.

i'm a good child.

dakota wouldn't like that either.

tired of sitting on her ass she went out the door and walked down the halls, searching for an empty one or a back door to exit.

___
new york, dakota

seeing billie rush off stage with a watery smile got her legs powered up to follow her. she knew that maggie was there and she would let dakota inside.

turning a few corners and entering a door that was surprisingly unlocked, led her to the backstage where there was it was a little hectic.

"maggie!"

she turned along with a few other people, including security. they rushed forward to escort her out. it was reasonable, they saw an unknown girl just bursting though the doors.

"dakota?..", maggie came up to her with a big question mark on your face.

"i came to talk to your wonderful daughter.", finneas came around and gave her a pitiful little smile.

"i'm glad you're here, she's been a mess for the past week or so. please talk some sense into her brain.", maggie nodded along with her son, her daughter had been a bit of a little terror to the team.

"well hopefully she'll listen.", finneas pointed back to green room where dakota knew she usually rested after the shows.

dakota followed the path that finneas described, it was a little cold in the area. the high powered fan that was running through the vents proved it.

she hoped billie had a hoodie on.

"bils?", dakota knocked softly on the door. she got no answer.

"babe? you in here?", dakota opened the door which was left unlocked and carried on going inside. it was empty and all it had was a few things that billie hadn't packed up yet.

"that's odd..she usually comes here.", then she saw the back door cracked open. she smiled and went through it, it brought her back to when she first went to go looking for billie.

here we go again.
___
596 words
i may or may not rewrite this. i don't think my brain is working
stay safe and i love you