chapter 8

april 4th, a week later.

"dude! hurry up! get up. wake up. more ups.", reign shouted into her ear. she didn't play around with billie eilish she seemed.

because it was 6 in the goddamn morning and the show was in the afternoon. all week they had worked their butts off and reign was still charging.

"can you get the fuck off me? god do you work out or anything?", reign was quite skinny and fit. dakota just hated being woken up at the ass crack of dawn.

"i do yoga. thank you very much. now come on! i want to pick out your outfit so you don't look completely shitty.", reign hopped off of her, thank god.

"just do it and leave my room. that's all i want in life. please.", dakota stuffed her face further into her pillow and fell asleep to reign's quiet humming. the soft clang of plastic against plastic when she sorted through her closet.

"don't fuck up my shoes."
___
8:32 am. not a reasonable time to be awake.

"okay now that i don't want to kick your ass to mars. what were you talking about this morning? something about push ups."

"no. i woke you up cause the concert is today. remember? i picked out your outfit it's on your dresser.", reign had made her a cup of coffee knowing she needed it.

"so you woke me up 2 hours ago to tell me something i already knew?"

"i didn't know if you forgot. you forgot your own birthday, i couldn't rely on you.", dakota rolled her eyes and went back into her room. the concert was early.

she looked over at her clock.

8:34 am

cool.

the concert was around 10 and reign wanted to get there-

oh shit. that's why she was already ready looking like a highlighter. it was soon!

"fucking hell, reign!", she shouted out her door and took off her clothes for a shower. reign was testing her to see if she remembered the time it started, she didn't tell her anything.

she yelled as soon as the water touched her skin. that shit was like fire. how does water get that hot.
___
20 minutes later

___20 minutes later

"you look hot."

"thanks. burned myself in the shower.", it was a little cold today. it was unusual but not uncommon for people in la.

"i didn't mean it like that.", reign was getting into the car as dakota was hopping on one foot to get on her shoe.

reign had shoved a white hoodie with a black logo on the front that looked like a man with scoliosis.

"so, where it the venue? and why are we leaving so early?", dakota wasn't late, nor punctual. she liked just being there around the time she was supposed to be.

"i already took your phone and put in the stuff. just turn it on.", reign had gone for a very abstract, bright choice of clothing.

that's why dakota hadn't been looking at her often. her eyes were very sensitive to reflective lights and if she looked at them for too long they would start stinging horribly. tears would come out of her eyes often.

"you took your pills?"

she had pills for adhd and for her eyes. dakota nodded and drove off. reign told her to be flashy with her car today, so she went off of that.

ferrari 488 pista. it was metallic black with red accents. her lining was red and so were the wheels.

go big or go home.

___

thank god dakota's parents threw her money like nothing. she could eat all the food she wanted and drove the cars she saw on tv.

she sped a lot, she was a lesbian. super hot lesbians, drive super hot cars, super fucking fast.

reign was all up in her seat most of the time shouting at her to slow down.

"fucking slow down, why don't you? this isn't a race!"

"you told me you wanted to go early. so here i am going early. or i mean fast.", she mixed up her words sometimes but that's okay.

"i said early to the concert not early to my death.", reign was your average grab the handle at the roof when your child is going 30 miles per hour. no, dakota was going 85 in a 60 highway.

"dude, i have the skills of somebody in fast and furious. calm your nonexistent titties.", reign seemed to take offense to that and protectively clutched her boobs.

"excuse me?"
___
755 words
i'm also doing more dialogue, it's mostly based off of how i think and speak.
stay safe and i love you