27 - Getting Ready for War (Kind of)

I don't own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter.

(A/N I forgot about Snape. So, just pretend that he went back to CHB for Percy's funeral and now he is with The Wizards and he is going to show them around NYC. Thank you.)

Harry's pov

     Annabeth leaves us in the middle of the city by a hotel. I look around there are big tall buildings everywhere.

     "We should check into our hotel rooms. Then we can go look at the city," Mrs. Weasley says.

     We all head in. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and I go to sit on some chairs while we wait for the adults to check in.

     "I cannot believe that we are in NYC!" Hermione says excitedly.

     "Yeah!" Ginny agrees. "It's so cool! I didn't think I would ever get to come here."

     By the time we get all checked in, find our rooms, and put our stuff away it's late. We decide we will look at The City in the morning. I'm sharing a room with Ron. Ginny and Hermione are also sharing a room. Some of the adults are sharing rooms too. The next morning we all meet up downstairs.

     "Snape is going to show as around The City," Dumbledore says.

     "Yes, let's get going. I'll take you to Central Park first," Snape says. He leads us outside.

     Ron, Hermione, and I stay near the back of the group so, we can talk.

     "What do to think is going on at 'The School'?" Ron asks using air quotes when he says The School.

     "I don't know," Hermione says. "But, it must have been bad. Annabeth looked really worried."

     Before I could say anything Ginny walks over to us. "What are you guys talking about?" She asks.

     "Just how big all the buildings are," Hermione says. Ron and I nod quickly.

     "We're here," Snape says. I look around. There is a small pond, lots of trees, and some people who seem to be selling food. (A/N I have never been to New York so, if you have or if you live there and any of this is wrong please let me know. Thank you!) We walk around the park and look at everything. We feed some ducks and even found a zoo. After walking around for about an hour and a half we decided we should move on.

     "Where are we going now?" Ron asks.

     "Well, The Empire State Building is about a thirty minute walk from here. We should go there," Ginny says.

     We all agree and head that way. As we walk in we decided we should go to the front counter. When we get up there there is already a girl talking to the man behind the counter. She seems to be arguing with the guy.

      "Just give me the key!" She was saying. Then she says something in another language that sounds familiar. Finally the guy hands her something. "Thank you," she says not sounding thankful at all. She turns around.

     "Annabeth!" Ron, Hermione, and I say shocked.

     "What are you doing here?" I ask.

     "I was going to see my mom," she tells us.

Hermione's pov

     "Oh!" I say remembering when she told us that The Gods live here.

     "You didn't tell us your mom worked here," Ron says. I shake my head. Ron can be so stupid sometimes.

     "Yeah,  what does she do?" Harry asks.

     Annabeth looks at me like, are they for real right now? I shake my head in response.

     "I would love to stay and talk but I really have to go," Annabeth says turning to leave.

     "Hey! Maybe you can introduce us to your mom!" Ron says.

    "Um... " Annabeth looks at Snape.

     "We really don't have time to be meeting parents," Snape says. "We really need to get going if we are going to..." Before he can finish his sentence the doors fly open. We all turn to the doors and in front of us was an older, taller, male version of Annabeth.

     "What are you doing here? I left you in charge of The Campers!" Annabeth asks him.

     "Yeah, we have a small well, it's actually a very large problem!" He tells her.

     "What?"

     "An old friend of yours is back but, um, something is very wrong."

A/N I know this is very short and I'm sorry. This is the chapter I was going to post last Monday but I got my phone taken before I could finish it. I will try and post again on Wednesday to make up for the chapter I was going to post today but, we'll see how busy I am.