2. Waiting to be loved

Hello lovelies 😊
How are you all ??
I hope you are safe and sound ❤

Author's Note- Here comes the second chapter. Also i have done some changes in the character sketch. The whole story is in the present. If there is any flashback scene then i will inform you prior by writing in italics (Flashback / Flashback ends) in its beginning and ending to avoid confusion.

#########################

Dhriti pov.

Its been 5 months of me being in this college and my experience till now is bizarre. Daily i have to bear those idiots who are known as my friends. I have to listen all their illogical rants and gossiping. But its alright as far as i get to learn new things from teachers. In these 5 months i have made a great a bond with teachers. All of them are so genuine and kind, its really fun to learn from such teachers.

The situation at home is as it was in past. Me and swati dii are ignored and rest of all members enjoy daily life. Sometimes i feel to ask them on their face if we were this much unwanted then why the hell did you even give birth to us or why didn't you let us die in the hospital itself.

I just feel sometimes so much tired that i feel like running away. But there is one person who is my whole world and vice versa. My only family on this planet-- My Dii. Unknowingly a tear escaped my eye. Before i can remove it someone beat me to it and removed my tears. Manan.

Its been a week he is behaving really weird. He is always around and whenever i want something he is always there. Out of nowhere giving chocolates, brownies and another surprises. I mean yaa he is my friend but isn't it too much. And to my shock Mansi is helping him in arranging these stuff. He smiled at me and i returned a little.

Sometimes he act like a cutie 😍 and i had a tiny-miny crush on this guy but i think there is something going between him and Mansi.

Manan Pov.
(who expected this 😝)

I just dont want to see that disgusting face anywhere around me that Dhriti.
But i have to act all friendly because of two reasons. One is because she is really useful for completing work and assignments. Second because of the bet i have with my friends.

*************************
(Flashback)

A week ago when I was sitting in campus with my love Mansi. Our other friends also entered there. We were talking when that fatso passed from front of us. One of my friend came with this bet that if i managed to make Dhriti fall in love with me within two weeks he will give me 5000 rs.

Something inside me was telling me not to accept it but i accepted it because Manan is never afraid of anything. I smirked at Mansi and started planning how to make that fatso fall into our trap.

(Flashback ends)
*************************

From then i always moving around her and helping her even with the smallest thing. But still there is not any progress. I have to make something solid as i can't afford to lose this bet. Today when i saw her crying i wiped her tears before she can do it. She saw me with different expressions. She was staring at me and then suddenly stood up and went away. Its the first time i am seeing such emotions on her face. I think our plan is working.

Me and Mansi sighed in relief, finally after spending so much on her chocolates, brownies we are getting something in return. Now we have one week time to complete our mission.

Writer's pov.

After college Dhriti was waiting for bus but all of sudden a car stopped in front of her. The window rolled down and she saw Manan on the driving seat and Mansi on the backseat. They offered to drop her to her house. Thinking something for sometime she finally opened door of backseat when Manan asked her to sit in the passenger seat in very polite way. She came and sat in the front seat beside Manan.