6. Worst Nightmare

Hello everyone 😊
How are you all?
I hope you all are doing fine..
Stay safe.. stay home 😊🙏

P.S.- A long chapter ahead... ⚠⚠

###########################

Third person's pov

Not able to listen anything further Dhriti ran to her room with bloodshot red eyes. She was waiting to reach her room , her escape and happy place where she can express herself without being judged. Entering the room she locked the door and fell on the ground. Tears which she was controlling came out. Soon she bursted into tears. She was not able to ignore her family's rude behaviour. This time their behaviour effected her really bad and somewhere broke her heart.

All the words of family were going on her mind when her phone started ringing. She ignored it but it was ringing continuously. She need not to check caller's name as she knew really well that it was time for her sister's call. She wanted to talk to her but she didn't want to make her sister tense due to family. And if she picked the call she knew that once she hear her sister's voice she will not be able to control herself which will make Swati more tense. Not having any option she ignored call and put her phone in mute mode and threw it on the bed with force. She cried herself to sleep that day.

Next morning she wake up early as a habit. She was having a really bad headache . She freshened up, took bath and put some make to cover her red puffy eyes. At the time of college she took her bag and came downstairs. Skipping breakfast as usual she was ready to go to college.
She was going to start for college when her badi maa (aunt) called her to hall. Everyone was on the dining table having their breakfast.

Saanchi Malhotra (Dhriti's badi maa) spoke extra sweetly -
"Oh my Highness!! What do you think this is some hotel or guest house that you can come anytime.. Yesterday when did you reach.. haa ?
Have you noticed the time.. We were having such important guests but no there also you have to come and show your face at such auspicious time.."

Dhriti remained silent with her head down.

Madhvi Malhotra (Dhriti's mother)-
"Are you dumb? Cant you speak.. she is asking you something.. is this how you respect others"

Dhriti's mother held her chin with force causing her to hiss in pain.
She spoke to her.

Madhvi Malhotra- "Listen to me very carefully we will be having guests from next week as your brother is getting married at the end of this month which is after 2 weeks. So you better behave well . Next week functions will be starting. So you need to come back home before 6 pm and dont you dare to come out and show your face before next morning. You dont have to prepare dinner. Now you just have to sit like statue in the room without causing any disturbance to us. Am i clear?"

Dhriti nodded with fear evident in her eyes. She went to college and started following her mother's words. She started coming back home before 6 pm. But she has lost herself a little as that night's talk was still haunting her in her mind. She was noticing that someone was following her since a week but whenever she used to turn and check there was no-one. She would shrug that thought as many other thoughts were running continuously in her mind. Swati was also tensed as in Bangalore as Dhriti was not behaving herself on the phone, she was not still aware about last week's incident.

A week passed by and Rakshit's wedding functions were already started in the full swing. Dhriti followed her mother's order and used to stay in her room till the next morning. She was fully concentrated on studies as her final exams were approaching.

Next Day

Like any other day Dhriti was returning home by auto. Suddenly the auto stopped on the way.