3. A New Friend

Swati pov.

Me and Dhriti were so relieved when dinner went fine and bhaiya didn't tell anything about kitchen incident.
After having dinner i was looking out from window of our room thinking how to tell dhriti about atharva.

Me and Atharva met during high school and we instantly clicked. We became good friends and then a couple. He knows everything about my family and their behaviour towards me and Dhriti. He thinks of Dhriti as his sister. He was asking me since college days to tell about our relationship to dhriti but i was scared. Now i think its the high time that i tell Dhriti about everything.

I was waiting for Dhriti in our room. After an hour she entered her room with a smile on her face. She looked at my tensed face and asked me-

Dhriti- Dii what happened are you fine? Is there something you wanna talk about...

I was hesitant to speak but i somehow gathered confidence and told her..

Swati- Yes dhriti i am absolutely fine.. but i want to talk to you about something

Dhriti- Yaa dii tell me what happened..

Swati- No actually i dont want to talk about something , i want you to meet someone.. Since tomorrow is saturday which is your holiday so we will be going out tomorrow.. ok
Good night 😴

Dhriti Pov.

I don't know what happened to dii.. it seems that she is lost somewhere. Before i can ask anything further or reply to her she covered herself with sheet and laid on her side of bed.
It seems that there is someone special whom she is talking about. This is not first time i am meeting her friend. I have met a lot of her friends. They all are so sweet and humble. Some even think me as their own sister. She was never this confused while making me meet her friends.

I am eagerly waiting for tomorrow to meet that friend of her. I dozed off thinking about tomorrow's meeting with her friend.

The next day i woke up when sun rays directly fell on my face. I groaned in frustration , today also i forgot to close curtains. I woke up and looked that other side of bed is empty.
Maybe she has gone to take a bath. I sighed in relief that today is weekend and I don't have to attend college. My phone pinged with a notification. I opened phone confusingly who will message in the early morning. But the message on the screen bought a smile on my face.

"Manan- Good morning sleeping beauty ❤ "

It is indeed a good morning. I was dancing mentally. Dii came out from bathroom. She asked to get ready as we are going out today at 12. I looked at clock it was still 8 am . I got up and went to bathroom for morning routine. When i came back to my room dii was looking at some time-table . She is always busy with the school work or some checking stuff of her students. But it gives her relief and also it helps to solve our money problems.

I freshened up and we both went downstairs. Dad and bade papa were having their after breakfast tea sitting in the hall. All our brothers were watching some cricket match with their breakfast plates in hands. Mom and badi maa were in kitchen.

We both went to kitchen took our food and came to dining table. After having our food dii asked mothers that can we go out. They both asked her to take permission from our fathers. She then went to hall and asked our fathers.

Third person's pov.

Swati- Papa... Chachu.. i want to ask you something