4. Unexpected

Dedicated to kajal21vashu virat_arijit18 and revathibalawritings
Thank you so much for your support and love 💕💕

Dhriti's pov.
It's been a week of me meeting jiju (Atharva) first time. I also met his parents. They are lovely. They treat me and dii(Swati) as their own daughters. True to his words he is a like a brother to me. He cares a lot and also helps me whenever i need. Today he has gone for a job interview in Bangalore. Me and dii met him 2 days ago when he was going to Bangalore. He and dii both were very nervous. This job is going to decide their future. If he gets selected in the interview then his parents are going to our house for asking dii's hand for marriage. I hope everything goes well.

Talking about college a lot has changed in a week. Manan and Mansi have become my best friends. My other classmates who used to ignore me talk with me very politely. Me, mansi and manan we three hang out often and i have also bunked twice in this week😜. My crush on manan has also increased. Whenever he would give me some chocolates or any other gift , my cheeks go all red due to blush.

Currently we three are sitting in the garden area. Manan and mansi are eyeing each other like talking about something in sign language. I ignore them and checked my phone. I am waiting for dii's or jiju's message regarding interview.

Third person's pov.
Dhriti stood up from her seat and started walking towards classroom as it was the time of thier next lecture.
When she reached exit of garden someone held her hand from behind causing her to stop in her tracks.
Dhriti-  what the hell!!
Manan- Dhriti its me, manan .
She turned and apologized
Dhriti-  oh sorry manan. I didn't notice you.
Manan- Its alright. Actually i want yo talk to you about something... Urggh..
Dhriti-  oh... Okay...
She was blushing looking at ground as he was still holding her hand and also their closeness was effecting her.
Manan-  Dhriti woh actually....
Dhriti- yes speak manan.. what do you want to talk about.
Mansi who was standing behind Dhriti narrowed her eyes toward manan and mouthed. "Confess her right now".
Manan winked at Mansi nodded his head and gave a flying kiss to her with a smirk on his face which goes unnoticed by Dhriti as she was busy eyeing ground with a blush on her face due to their closeness.
Manan-  Dhriti you know.. you have changed me completely. I never thought i could have feelings about someone in my heart. But now you have ruled my heart. I love you.. you have bought a new person in me. I want to rise in your love. I want to cherish you forever..
WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND??

All the eyes in the garden were on them. All were looking like some show is going on. Some were looking with a smirk on their faces and some were looking at Dhriti in pity.
Dhriti was shocked after listening Manan's confession. Yes she had feelings for him but she didn't know whether it was love or not. She was afraid of word relationship. She was not ready to be in relationship as of now. She became uncomfortable due to all eyes on them. On the top of that she was not at all expecting this confession.
In the confusion or you can say fear she said whatever came to her mind first.
Dhriti-  No manan. I don't love you. You are my best friend. I am not in love. Yes i.... i am not in love.

She said to manan, dragged her hand from his hold and ran away from garden.
After she went away everyone in the garden broke into fits of laughter. But there were two faces looking red. The two faces were red with shame and anger.

Manan's pov.

How dare she.. how dare she got that guts to reject me on my face and that too in the front of everyone in campus. I became laughing stock in the front of everyone. No one has ever guts to even stand against me and that fatso just aid no to me, to the 'Manan Sharma' . She doesn't know who i am and what can i do.  I am here bursting with anger. Its the first time someone has insulted me. I eyed everyone making them stop there laughter. Soon there is pin drop silence in garde. This is what 'Manan Sharma' is and that fatso need to know this. You have messed up with the wrong person my dear fatso.