Chapter 1

I meet my own green eyes in the mirror and frown.

"I don't think I can do this," I whine, turning away from the mirror, pulling the skirt down.

It's way shorter than I thought it'd be. This is way past my comfort zone.

Penelope, my best friend jumps up from my bed, "You have to, Liv! You said you wanted to have fun this year. No more hiding in the crowds!" She turns me around to face the mirror and smiles, "Plus, this cheerleading outfit makes you look so hot."

The green and white outfit really makes me uncomfortable, but I did do this to myself. I wanted to be different this year. I'm tired of being the shy girl. I'm tired of not making conversation with anyone from my lack of trying. It's my last year of high school. I want to make the best of it.

Penelope is also super shy, worse than me, but she's still going to the football game to cheer me on even though I know she'd rather stay home and watch a movie. I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

I sigh heavily, "I guess it's time to pull my hair up and put on that god-awful unnecessary hugely big bow on."

She giggles as she tucks a strand of brown hair behind her ear, "Add a little makeup on too."

I groan, but I do it anyway. I must admit, now that I'm on the cheerleading team I've gotten some more recognition at school. The girls on the team aren't even mean like in the movies. They're all a bunch of sweethearts who've invited me in with open arms. Although I feel like guys have always tried to talk to me in class or the halls, it's happening way more often now that I'm on the cheerleading squad.

My parents are all for me being adventurous in my last year of high school. They wanted to come to the game to be supportive, but I begged them not to. The only reason I feel somewhat okay with this is that no one knows who I am.

But my parents! They'll see that I'm being ridiculous! This isn't me!

Penelope drives us to school and I try to wear a hoodie to at least cover me a bit more, but Natalie, the cheer captain told me to keep it off. 

There have been three boys that tried talking to me in the hallways while I was walking towards my class. Maybe if I wasn't uncomfortable in what I was wearing, I would've tried to make conversation, but there was no way I was going to talk to them dressed like this.

By the time school was over, the cheerleading squad had to meet in the girl's locker room. Penelope said she'll be at the bleachers. So when we finally stepped out onto the field before the football players did. I was surprised at how full the school bleachers were.

I think Natalie, noticed because she pats my shoulder while smiling, "You'll do great, Olivia."

Her blonde ponytail bounces while she smiles excitedly at me. She also has the big green bow on at the top of her ponytail.

Sandy, one of the cheerleaders, walks up to us now, "Hey, Thomas is having a party later. I told him we'd all be there." Her brown ponytail is curled in one perfect curl. 

She's the shortest one on the cheerleading squad. I've noticed she and Natalie are really close. I see them hang out a lot outside of cheerleading practice.

Natalie turns to me and smiles, "You're going."

My eyes widen, and I feel my cheeks heat up. "Oh, I don't know..."

Natalie giggles. "No, seriously, Liv. I mean, I understand if you want to stay home, but I think you should go. You need to let loose a bit more. We all do."

I don't want to. But I want to be different this year. So I nod and I'm sure she can notice how nervous just nodding makes me. I just need to throw up somewhere.