Chapter 12

The ringing on my phone starts and I almost jump out of my skin to see Cam is still lying beside me, sleeping soundly. He spent the night and I hurriedly take the phone from the nightstand to find it's my mother calling me. Even though I want to savor this moment a little longer, I have to answer my mom's call.

The phone call is quick, only to tell me she had to go into work really early and wouldn't be up to make breakfast and I breathe a sigh of relief because she would've killed me if she knew a boy spent the night in my room. Luckily my dad is always out for work really early in the morning so I know he's not home.

Cam sits up, catching the end of the call with my mom and I can't help but smile. He looks rumpled and really sexy for someone who just woke up.

Smiling, his blue eyes sparkle as his voice comes out deeper and a little raspier from sleep. "You look cute in the morning."

My heart does a little twirl and I flatten my hair with my hand, "You don't look bad yourself... We need to get ready for school."

I get up to pull some clothes out and he sits up on the bed yawning, "Wanna ride together?"

I look over at him as he's watching me closely, "Don't you want to go home and change or something?"

He shrugs as he looks around my room now, "I can shower here if your parents aren't here while you finish getting ready and we can stop by my house so I can change?"

That actually doesn't sound too bad, "You're going to give me a ride back home after school?"

He smirks as he stands, bringing his arms up to stretch making his shirt ride up and I catch a glimpse of his skin above his jeans, "Of course."

"Bathroom is the door across from mine," I say as I drop my gaze and throw the clothes on the bed.

He kisses the crown of my head before walking out of my room and into the bathroom. I quickly change and put light make-up on. Brushing my hair into a nice low bun, I look at myself in the mirror and decide to put little stud diamond earrings my dad got me last year on my birthday to complete my look.

Cam walks back into the room with his damp hair and looks me over for a little too long. My cheeks start to warm up so I quickly walk past him, into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Coming back to the room, I pull him along the house and out the front door. It's a windy day and I curse myself for not getting a hoodie. Getting into Cam's jeep, he takes my hand holding it while driving.

When we pull up to his house, I stay in the car while he runs in to change quickly. After what seems like five minutes he's walking back to that car smiling at me and I finally understand why when he gets in the driver seat again. He shoves a black hoodie in my hands. I'm grateful he noticed I was cold and I quickly put it on. I can't hide the fact that I love the hoodie smells like him.

He drives to the nearest drive-thru Starbucks and gets us a coffee and gets himself a croissant while I opt for a banana nut bread. I'm not sure if it's because I like him that he's so easy to be around with or if he's like this with everyone.

When we get to school we sit in his car finishing up our coffee while he tries to "teach" me what are the best rock bands. I use to think old rock was better, but I do have to admit the songs he's showing me do sound really good.

Finally, after my rock lessons, he takes my books as he wraps his arm around my shoulders pulling me against his side. I only sink into his side more when I notice some girls giving me nasty looks as we walk towards the front of the school. I thought I'd be used to it by now, but I still feel uneasy and uncomfortable knowing they don't like me only for the fact that I'm with Cam. I'm almost certain he saw them glaring at me because he leans down to kiss the crown of my head.