Chapter 16

Cam never texted me back last night and I felt a little disappointed. What did I expect after I blew up on him? He probably realized I'm not worth the time and effort. I tried not thinking about it too much and told myself I can dwell on it later when my family goes back to the east coast. 

My mom and aunt are making breakfast in the kitchen while my dad and uncle are drinking coffee stealing food being cooked from the stovetop. Carla, Giovanna, and I are in the living room dreading my dad for waking us up before noon since we stayed up late. Carla is flipping through the channels on the television while Giovanna is typing swiftly on her phone. 

The doorbell rings and I quickly stand, "I got it!" I yell out more to my parents than to our guests.

My stomach dips as I come face to face with Cam. A million questions run through my mind as to what he's doing here. The fact that he's here while my dad and Uncle Vinny are here is also terrifying. 

He scratches the back of his neck as he nervously meets my gaze, "Hey."

I blink rapidly before I can get the word out, "Hi."

He clears his throat, obviously still nervous, "I came to apologize."

"Apologize?" Uncle Vinny walks into the front room and I want to groan. I really wished he would've texted back. "For what?" He asks as he frowns looking over my shoulder to where Cam is standing. 

"For being an asshole." His blue eyes meet mine, ignoring my Uncle Vinny, "I just thought Thomas was harassing you again, you have to understand the level of disrespect there is. I had-"

"Harassing? My baby girl?" My dad speaks up next to uncle Vinny now and this time I do groan out loud. 

So it is about being disrespected. 

Cam meets my eyes before looking at my dad and he shifts on his feet, "Well he comes off sort of strong with, Livy. I just-"

Uncle Vinny pats his shoulder as he guides him inside the house and I panic a little. I don't like where this is going, "You do what you need to do to keep our Liv safe."

I shift on my feet and cross my arms across my chest, "He's not dangerous. He was just a little persistent when we first met."

Both my dad and uncle scoff but my dad's eyes meet Cams again, "You don't apologize for protecting my baby girl, you got me?"

"Dad!" I want to tell him that he was in fact being an asshole, but Cam beats me to it.

"Livy tried calming me down but I also blew up on her for letting him close and I know I have no right to act that way." He turns to me, "I really am sorry I was being such an asshole."

I feel my defenses drop a little at his genuine apology.

My dad actually meets my gaze with his green eyes as they harden, "So let me get this straight? Cam's your boyfriend." I nod my head when he waits for me to confirm, "Thomas is a little punk who apparently is persistent and doesn't give a shit if you have a boyfriend. Cam over here tried to deal with that situation and you tried to tell him to calm down?"

I can only nod which makes my Uncle Vinny chuckle, "Honey. I hate to break it to ya but your boy here has every right to go off on that kid when you claimed him as your boyfriend."

I guess in a totally normal relationship that made sense and I guess I can now see how Cam felt disrespected but what about me? What about him and Zoey? Where's her respect for me?

My dad smiles proudly at Cam, "I think I like you kid." I want to roll my eyes.

Cam shrugs nonchalantly, "What's there not to like?"