Chapter 3

Getting out of fourth period, I see Thomas walking up to us. I want to turn around, but he already saw that I saw him. I just want to have lunch and get a pizza. I don't have the energy to discuss how I ditched him after he kissed me.

"Hey, Olivia. Penelope." He smiles not looking at Penelope for more than a second.

"Hey." I grip the books in my hands.

He seems a little nervous, "Wanna sit with us during lunch?"

Thomas is really starting to make me uncomfortable with his persistence. I don't want to be mean and say no directly. I don't want to seem stuck up. That's not how I want to change. I'm a nice person. But, the kiss was a little too much for me.

"We were going to the library," I tell him and Penelope nods. Always backing me up in my lies.

"Hey, Penny," Austin calls out before reaching us and gives a little side hug to Penelope.

"Penny?" I ask, smiling. She's smiling and looks up at him, meeting his green eyes which now that I see them in better lighting they look like aqua green.

"Hey." She whispers in awe of him.

Oh. My. God. This crush is worse than I thought, but I love it.

"It's cute." He says and smiles as he shrugs looking down at her, "I need to show you something cool. I have proof."

"They're going to the library," Thomas says irritatedly.

Penelope frowns and her face softens when she meets mine. She knows I don't want to be left alone with Thomas again. But she seemed so excited to go with Austin. I can't do this to her. I'm about to invite myself to go with them and then I see him.

Cam is walking up to us now.  Most likely because of Austin's here.

Okay, I won't invite myself anymore.

I look at Penelope, "Go with Austin, I'll be at the library."

She frowns slightly, but nods, "Okay. I'll come looking for you after."

Ugh.

I wish Thomas would leave me alone, I bump him to the side and rush to the library. I just want to get away from him. And Cam coming here would just make it worst for me. I want to be mad at Thomas for kissing me but he can't know he was my first kiss. And Cam is a jerk. A cute jerk. I'll get my feelings hurt if I'm around him too much.

I pick an empty table at the far end. There aren't too many people in here, but it's my safe spot. None of the popular kids ever come to the library.

I open up my book and a hand suddenly takes it from my hands.

"Why is it that every time I'm so close to you... You seem to disappear." His deep voice says in my ear and I turn to meet his eyes.

It's Cam. Did he follow me here? Has he noticed me trying to not go noticed by him? How can't I? He makes me nervous.

I lift my chin, "I don't know what you're talking about."

He chuckles and takes the seat across from me, "You're always looking at me, but then when I notice you staring at me like some creep. You leave somewhere."