Chapter 15

After taking a hot shower I lay in bed and close my eyes. Luckily, I don't feel like crying anymore and I've calmed down a lot. I feel kind of stupid for blowing up the way I did. I'm not a person who gets angry like that. I get my feelings hurt easily, but I guess since I was already feeling hurt, Thomas went and pushed buttons he shouldn't have.

My phone vibrates beside me and I see it's a text from Thomas.

I'm really sorry about today.

I roll my eyes, tossing the phone to the side, and grab the remote so I can play a show on Netflix. Feeling more relaxed without having to think too much about today, I feel my eyes start to get heavy. 

*

I feel someone nudging me. 

"Honey?" I hear my mom's voice.

"Hmm?" I answer, only half realizing I'm being woken up.

"Are you okay, Liv?" I hear concern lace her voice.

Frowning I open my eyes and see her and my dad looking down at me. My heart picks up its pace as I meet their concerned gazes. 

Sitting up, I ask, "What's going on?"

My mom's still frowning as she touches my forehead with the back of her hand, "The school called me and informed me you were absent on the last few of your classes."

Letting out a sigh of relief, "You guys scared me... Yeah, I got a bad headache so I came home to sleep it off." I lie.

My dad seems relieved too, "Well you scared us too, kiddo. You never just leave school."

Feeling a little guilty I drop my gaze down to my hands on my lap, "I'm sorry. I should've texted you guys."

My dad leans over and kisses the top of my head, "It's okay. I've got a surprise for you though. You're not the only one who left early."

I look over at my mom and she has a small smile playing on her lips. My curiosity has peaked so I smile and stand up.

"Well, let's get to this surprise."

I follow them downstairs and before we even reach the bottom, I hear the familiar voices so I race past my dad to the living room to find my uncle, aunt, and cousins talking among themselves.

The girls see me first and they jump up and squeal, "Liv!"

We meet in the middle and give each other a big group hug which Uncle Vinny tries to meddle in. Giovanna is a year older than me and Carla's only a year younger than I am. Whenever we go somewhere they think we're sisters since we share the same genes. Dark hair and green eyes.

Uncle Vinny lets go and I give him a proper one on one hug. He's my dad's younger sibling and probably two inches taller where my dad is a little stockier. They're both into fitness and it shows.

Aunt Lauren is sweet but loud. Her brown hair is in perfect waves, she most likely styled and her soft glam makeup really makes her brown eyes stand out. I hug her as she jokes that I must have all the boys falling over me.

"I wanted them here in time for your birthday on Sunday." My dad says and I'm a little shocked. I've been so caught up with other things taking up my mind that it just slipped my mind. I had totally forgotten he had mentioned this to me.

Giovanna claps excitedly and now that I really pay attention to her, she sort of reminds me of Natalie, "What are you gonna do now that you're turning eighteen?" She lifts an eyebrow suggestively.

Uncle Vinny frowns, "Don't be giving her any ideas, Gigi. She's a good girl."

"Well, I was thinking of becoming a stripper," I say deadpan as I shrug to see if he buys into it.