Chapter 17

"I'm only okay with you staying overnight because Cam said you girls will share the same room." My dad makes sure to make eye contact with me.

I smile and turn as my Uncle Vinny starts to scold us, "I want you, girls, here tomorrow to celebrate Liv's birthday. I don't want to get a call in the middle of the night scaring me to death."

Giovanna closes the gap between them and gives him a big hug with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you, Daddy."

After a little more lectures, it takes a little longer to say goodbye, we finally make it out the door. Cam stops his jokes towards my dad and uncle as they give him a stern warning that if anything happens to us, they'll be coming after him.

They help us load Cam's jeep with our overnight bags and get in the car when I see my dad and uncle still talking to Cam. Giovanna leans over the middle console and honks the horn making my dad and uncle glare at her.

My dad pats his shoulder twice and Cam finally gets to walk free. We wave at them as we start to leave and they have small smiles playing on their lips.

He turns to me and meets my eyes before looking at the road again, "Let Penelope and Natalie know that you're good to go. They didn't think you'd forgive me and if you did, that your dad would let you go."

I pull my phone out as Giovanna chuckles, "He wouldn't have if he didn't have company. Right now he has something to focus on. Imagine if my dad wasn't here. He would've killed himself thinking about her all day."

Cam laughs softly as he glances at her through the rearview mirror, "Your dad is cool. He kinda reminds me of my brother. He's a little more verbal than I am... Talking about my brother, we need to pick him up. It's cool if he tags along?"

He looks over at me nervously and I don't even know why he has to even ask. "Of course."

Giovanna quickly fires questions about Nash but is disappointed to find out he's only thirteen. I had sent the text to Penelope and Natalie in a group chat. So they both fire answers quickly;

Yes! Had my bag ready since we planned it last night.

No way! My mom said it was fine for me to go too, but only if you and Natalie go. Now that Giovanna and Carla are going, she's going to feel a lot better.

I smile and text them back quickly and realize that Giovanna is going to lose her mind when she finds out Penelope has a boyfriend. I'll let her find out when she sees them together.

As we get to Cam's house, Nash is walking out with a small pink gift bag and a box of cookies with a big smile on his face. Giovanna opens up the door for him and scoots over to the middle and helps him with his gifts and he places his backpack on the floor of the car between his feet.

He taps my shoulder and I turn to smile at him, "Happy birthday, Livy."

He's the second person to ever call me that and it warms my heart, "Thank you."

He sits back on the seat as Cam starts to drive again, "The bag is from Cam. The cookies are from me since I know you like them so much."

I peek a glance over at Cam who's already smiling knowingly, making me chuckle softly, "Thank you, Nash. I do like them a lot."

Cam looks over at me with a bigger smile and takes my hand as he drives with the other. The little gesture has my heart beating rapidly.

The girls text me they'll be driving together with Austin and Vince. Cam turns on the radio a little for background noise, but I don't think it would've mattered because Giovanna and Carla talk to Nash and Cam the whole time. Giovanna seems to take an interest in Nash's bad behavior and tells him the trouble she's gotten into. Telling him that it isn't worth it, only making him roll his eyes at her. But, when she mentions that instead of doing graffiti in the streets for free for the world to see. He can get paid for it and that seemed to peak his interest. He fired question after question.